Hey there Runner 5

Hey guys just wondering if there were any of you using Zombies Run. It's a running fitness app that tells you an amazing story and sends Zombies after you to make sure you run. I can't stand running I truly hate it but thanks to this app I look forward to it every single day so I was just wondering if anyone else out there was as addicted to it as I am. No spoilers or I will send the major after you ;)

Replies

• vbani88
    vbani88 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm still in season 3
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Raise the gates! Covering fire!

Yes, I'm about as addicted as yourself. Took a break though, so I can run and just enjoy being outside, so no headphone/phone with me.
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Hi! Love this game but I currently walk more than run.
  • victory68
    victory68 Posts: 76 Member
    Haha I figured there had to be some of us on here :) I'm just at the end of season 2
  • kath1mill
    kath1mill Posts: 16 Member
    I'm on season 2! Love it! Sometimes my curiosity to find out what happens next is the little push I need to get my workout in. I typically try to run while my music plays and walk during the dialogue. I set the workout to around 30-40 minutes. I turned off zombie chases though. Too stressful! Haha
  • jenno369
    jenno369 Posts: 24 Member
    After blowing through Season 1, I slowed down how much I listed to it in Season 2 so I don't run out! It is great, the story is good, the chases are fun (but I often turn them off, also find them too stressful depending on the terrain) and anything that breaks up a running into segments works for me!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    I've been using it for ages (am into the new season right now) and have paid for the premium subscription too because it was so helpful for me. It's so well done and so engaging, even for someone like me who's not even into zombie/horror anything. Having my run split up into 7-9 sections was such a big help when I was starting out and building mileage since it's such a big psychological boost to hear that next sound clip and now you're making progress.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Wooooo! I'm on season one. I want to do the 5k marathon in the fall.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Me! I love Zombies, Run! :)
  • WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Sounds intriguing!
  • victory68
    victory68 Posts: 76 Member
    Sounds intriguing!

You should try it :)
  • FearTheWalkingSnack
    FearTheWalkingSnack Posts: 1 Member
    I love it, have just re-started Season 1- very motivating to do the next run
  • AFGP11
    AFGP11 Posts: 142 Member
    I used it to motivate me throughout my initial C25K and I still use the app now when I run intervals. I like having the encouragement.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    I do it but only with walking, not up to running yet. Still a great motivator!
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Not sure how to use it as a C25K trainer. I heard all the chatter from the poor schmuck radio operator in the town, and I heard myself 'picking up stuff' but I never got a prompt to run, or to walk like I do with the Zen labs C25K app - which I had to switch over to for W1D1. :(

Am I missing something?

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    Hmmm.... I haven't used this app in ages. Maybe I'll put on my runner 5 shoes this morning. :) I did love the story-line, and maybe this is the push I needed to get out there more. I *hate* running in the heat, so extra motivation is good.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Hello there, it's your old friend Runner 8...

I don't/can't run (various ankle problems, though they're getting better as I carry less weight) but I use this app for walking. Love the developing story :)
  • Khaliae
    Khaliae Posts: 40 Member
    I had what they now call the legacy version, but for some reason my account "got deleted" when they moved to the new pay-by-season version and I got annoyed with my loss of progress and stopped using it..
    Great app for people who usually don't like running tho =D
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,376 Member
    I love Zombies, Run!
    I started using it 1.5 years ago. I'm at the beginning of season 5 now - but only because I started worrying about running out of new missions, so I started limiting myself to 1-2 new story missions per week and re-running old ones in between. It might sound stupid, but there are really some times where I want to stop at some point during a run, or walked up a hill instead of running, and then I tell myself "Runner 5 doesn't quit" and keep pushing a bit further :smiley:

@junodog1 There is a special app "Zombies Run 5k Trainer" that works like C25K, telling you when to walk and when to run over eight(?) weeks. The regular app doesn't do that, but you could always just run an interval timer app in parallel.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member

@junodog1 There is a special app "Zombies Run 5k Trainer" that works like C25K, telling you when to walk and when to run over eight(?) weeks. The regular app doesn't do that, but you could always just run an interval timer app in parallel.

Thanks! Looks like that's what I wanted.