WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Marcelynh wrote: »

Health insurance is NOT health care and the burdensome regulations are just raising the cost of care because of the paperwork and interference.

I agree.

Heather I buy vinegar by the gallon because I like to put a cup in my final rinse water in the wash. It helps get out the excess soap. My towels come our nice and soft because of this with no fabric softener.There is no vinegar smell. It disappears when they are dried. I also use it with baking soda to keep pipes clean.

:heart: Margaret
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Pip I think the coral color is nice. A nice contrast.

My DH says the green is first place and green design is second place.

What does your DH say?

Dana
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your votes. That was just my first look at color choices
  • DanaReel180
    DanaReel180 Posts: 463 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    machka I really loved your album in BC! Lake Louise is a beautiful aqua color and the Chateau was awesome.
    I liked that little house with the tall chimney! I could live there!!

Margaret I put vinegar in my wash also. It freshens the towels nicely. If you have cotton fabrics, wash them in vinegar to set the colors before using soap. I found that out when I bought my last quilt. I think I put in 2 cups into a large load to set the color.

Dana
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    B)
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    just discovered how to make 2 ingredient chocolate ice cream....blend frozen bananas in a food processor or blender then add tbsp. of nutella. wow is it delicious! You can eat it right away while it's soft or refreeze--it is sooooo yummy. I suppose you could leave out the nutella and just eat banana ice cream, just as delish.

NYKAREN
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :star:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    I'm up watching Faith gave her her pills and played with Buddy the dog.now waiting for them to get home..have to get Dan down to work at 8 and then feed DFIL and then working 9-6.check in in the a.m.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,815 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Lanette – I hope it works out for you to go see the Chinese Warrior Exhibit. I don’t know how much it cost when I went because my BFF made all the arrangements and paid for the tickets, and she drove to Birmingham, AL and it took us ½ the morning to get there, and we looks through the exhibit – it was WONDERFUL because you could go at your own speed and have earphones, so you listen to what they are telling you about the different stations and you can go through it at your own speed. It was, in my opinion, total awesome. I hope you can get on the tour bus. Any of you living near Seattle – this is a ‘don’t miss show’.

I am a ‘Bloody Mary’ girl, when I drink and they make them. I think the BEST one I have ever had was at “Rue 64” in Natchez, MS. Sometimes when we are on vacation I will have a flavored martini. My sister order a ‘dirty’ one, straight up; and, I took a sip and about ‘spewed it across the table’. Way too strong and ‘’tasted’ like nothing I have ever had. But, she drinks a lot. From beer, wine, and liquor (mixed drinks). I will drink about ½ of a frozen Margarita when we go to the Mexican Restaurant. We have one here, in Dawson, which does a good business.

Last weekend when Taylor was home we went to 1800 in Americus. They are always crowded and we did not leave early enough and it was crowded. The first time we went the owner brought a shot of “1800’ tequila, some salt, and some sliced limes. Louis did not want his, and DDnL#1 drank it, too. By the time we got home, she was feeling no pain because not only had she drank hers and Louis’ she had ordered a ‘big’ (medium) drink. They’ve changed their glasses, so a small really looks like a medium and on up. We saw Chase’s parents at the local Mexican Restaurant and John had a ‘large’ one – you would have to hold it with 2 hands, it was that big.

I just LOVE your garden - so 'put together' my flower bed looks like I just threw bulbs and seeds out there "Willy Nilly."

Michele – I know I would not be nearly as pleasant to the ‘groom’s mama’ about ‘taking over your duties as the bride’s mother’. I sure hope that Denise did not order her wedding gown through David’s Bridal (a ‘chain’ store) that went belly up. Lord, I can understand how that must make the young women who had already purchased their dresses only to find the store locked an no way to get to them because of the bankruptcy. You know they had to know it was happening. About the only way they would have had their doors locked, otherwise, would have been by the IRS for non-payment of taxes.

Yeah, I'd get the 'favors' and "Whoops; I had them right there along with the other things - silly me - NOT!!!!"

I walked my @$$ off this afternoon. Up and down the really muddy, slippery, dirt road we live on with a letter to each neighbor about trying to move over just a little bit – out of the ruts’ that have been made by someone earlier had made. Everybody, including us have a pick-up they drive; so what do they do? They follow the ruts made by the first one out. So by the time I get ready to leave the ruts are more than 5” deep with big globs of mud that drags under my car. If I attempt to straddle them and a tire hits the globs, it pushes me into the rut (only one side) and I am slipping and sliding the entire mile until I get to the paved road. There is a wallowed out spot that stays full of water until the county decides to fill it in. They need to bring a culvert and put it under that portion of the road, so that the water would run off the road and into a ditch. Gee, when they come grade the road, they have the blade in the wrong direction and we’ve never had standing water in front of our property. The replaced the culvert when I found a piece of the rusted out culvert that I ‘knew’ was there and they broke it when they ‘ditched’ the road. The Commissioners are all men, so they don’t understand making ‘mud pies’. There is a certain consistency to make patties and have the stick together. Our DYS makes roads as a part of his job as a Wildlife Biologist who manages a ‘hunting preserve’. He is always fussing, when he comes home, how bad the road is and how it is slanted the wrong direction in every part that it floods. Our last Commissioner was a former ‘roads maintenance manager’ in another county north of here. He came out and met with me and the current one; and, told him ‘what needed to be done’ so the road would be passable. The ditched it, they crowned it, and they packed it and it was ‘wonderful’ for about a year. Then the ‘prison trustee’ who oversaw this being done by other prisoners decided he did not want to wait the 2 months he still had on his sentence and hauled @$$. Of course, they found him and he lost his ‘privileges’ as ‘trustee’. Then they stopped grading all of them for over a year while they built a ‘sports’ park for the town. Actually, they don’t really have any sort of ‘sports’ program; but, it is ‘state of the art’. The Head Commissioner had ‘donated’ the land to be use up to 100 years, at which time it would revert back to his family. I’m sure he is getting a ‘big’ tax deduction for that one. When we first moved out here, we have thought about finding an old farm house and having it moved out her to remodel. There was an old house on the property but it was way too close to the road. So the guys took it down piece-by-piece. We found one that was in pretty good shape, then found out it belonged to this man. He would not sell it (again, because if there was a structure on the property the taxes would be less by claiming homeowners exemption. Then he allowed a friend of our to take it apart and move it to the land he had as a hunting lodge and then built a ‘stable’ (looks like a horse stable … with no horses ever in it). Politics – SNAFU – Situation Normal, All F***** Up! This man was the Head Commissioner for 40 years, and bragged about ‘he’ had the county’s best interest at hand. NO, he didn’t – when you went to a Commissioners’ meeting it was almost as if 3 of the ones had gotten together with him and had their own mini-meeting and had already taken a vote. He ‘thought’ he had the Sheriff in his pocket; but, he went rouge on him. In Georgia, the Sheriff is normally the most powerful person in the county (provided the Commissioners agree what he job entails). We have 159 counties in the state and only 3 (including this one) has the Sheriff’s Office collecting past-due taxes. He had not paid his garbage fees for two years after he won office. We had a commissioner 2 before this one who made him pay it. $75 for 24 months isn't not ‘chunk change’ especially when every property owner in the county has to pay it.
    OK, off my rant.

I can already feel the pain from walking. I might not be able to move tomorrow.

Lenora
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I sure hope that Denise did not order her wedding gown through David’s Bridal (a ‘chain’ store) that went belly up. Lord, I can understand how that must make the young women who had already purchased their dresses only to find the store locked an no way to get to them because of the bankruptcy. You know they had to know it was happening.

It wasn't David's Bridal that closed, it was Alfred Angelo. David's Bridal actually is offering discount prices to brides affected by the Alfred Angelo mess.

It's 95 outside right now so I'm waiting for night to go run. I figure it will be cooled off enough around 11 pm..... maybe... It was 78 when I woke up so I'm not so sure it will ever be cool enough. It's the humidity that's killing me though.... if it starts to rain I'll pop out and run in the rain (if it's not lightning), at least it will be cool humidity and my sweat will be washed away. Week three of marathon training.... going strong!

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

**wahoo hrm not recording :0/ **
    all apple watch-

bike ride hm 2 gym- 12.01min, 14.6mph. 2.9mi = 97c
    floor exercised- 12.40min, 3sts of 10, hamstring leglifts, push-ups, all 4's elbow to knee, reverse bicycles, leg lifts, pelvic lifts, crunches, sit-ups, on butt-knees to chest = 68c
    SPIN CLASS- 41min, 86ar, 86aw, 10-12g, 151mhr, 17.3mi = 250c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.48min, 14.5amph, 1.4mi = 55c
    bike ride puy 2 sumner station- 13.23min, 13.5amph, 3mi= 132c
    run sta 2 wk- 4.36min, 8.53min mi, .5mi = 63c
    run wk 2 sta- 4.30min, 9.54min mi, .4mi = 60c
    bike ride done 2 hm- 17.41min, 6.8amph, 2.5mi = 147c

total cal 875