Ask an Aussie

Options
bigaussieguy71
bigaussieguy71 Posts: 189 Member
You know you have always wanted to ask an Aussie questions... Fire away and I will answer. All questions... Anything goes

Replies

• bigaussieguy71
    Options
    Not at all. Not sure if it is because I have grown up with it or whether it just isn't as bad as everyone thinks. Whenever I hear of someone getting bit or hurt by a native animal it always seems to because the person did something stupid i.e. Swim in a water hole in the outback that has a sign that says "Crocodiles beware"
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Options
    Is it true what they say about Aussie men? Asking for a friend...
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    Hahaha depends, what are they saying? (If we're on the same wave length... Yes ;)
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    Not so much for insurance money but single guys with no car often do because their be wives come with a passenger seat for travel...
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Have you ever eaten at an Outback Steakhouse ?
    Is Steve Erwin really dead or just hiding out with Andy Kaufman ?
    Do Aussies follow American Football or Baseball ?
    When the toilet flushes, does the water swirl the opposite way of northern toilets ?
    What ever happened to Elle McPherson ?
    Vegamite is really just a practical joke, right? Nobody actually eats that goo, right?
    Why do you hate New Zealanders ?
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    They are Prawns (Goddam you Paul Hogan!) But yes I do use my Barby quite a lot...I did try putting my shrimp on a Barbie once, she slapped me pretty hard!
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Have you ever eaten at an Outback Steakhouse ?
    Is Steve Erwin really dead or just hiding out with Andy Kaufman ?
    Do Aussies follow American Football or Baseball ?
    When the toilet flushes, does the water swirl the opposite way of northern toilets ?
    What ever happened to Elle McPherson ?
    Vegamite is really just a practical joke, right? Nobody actually eats that goo, right?
    Why do you hate New Zealanders ?

No, and if you have eaten at outback steakhouse then I'm sorry to say you haven't eaten anything remotely Australian.

Mate, he is certainly dead. Top bloke, used to live in the same town as his old man a few years ago and he would come into the shops when he visited him. Would have all the time in the world for anyone.

Football yes, a lot of Aussies call it Gridiron, Baseball not so much, we have a national competition but not popular...we love our cricket mate!

Nope total BS but water down the drain does.

She is still around and still super hot! Just got divorced recently. She has been calling regularly but, you know, been there done that haha

Love Vegemite! Perfect spread thinly on warm toast that is lathered in butter! Mmmmm I might actually have some shortly.

Hahahaha personally I love New Zealanders (especially poly women mmm
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Do you have a hard time understanding the accents of English speaking people from other countries? If so what ones?
  • bigaussieguy71
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I lived in Liverpool in England for 2 years and when I first got there I was invited to a business meeting as a key note speaker. I was the last time speak and I was sitting there drinking a beer when the guy at the podium stopped speaking and looked at me, as did the people in the audience. Apparently he had just introduced me and invited me up to deliver my speech. Embarrassed, I got up and said "Sorry about the delay, but I have been sitting here for a good hour and haven't understood a single word anyone has said!" Lol....

The Irish..when you are speaking to them directly everything is easily understood, sit with a group of them that are drinking and chatting... No Chance!

Scottish I don't have an issue with at all...Americans, no problems... most other accents, South African etc... No real problems except for some local slang... Oh and the difference in meaning for the same word from country to country can be hilarious.
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    Vinehausen wrote: »
    "Hahahaha personally I love New Zealanders (especially poly women mmm)" - Good answer, now give us back our pavlova!

Sure thing... We'll give you back everyone who has moved here as well aye! Hahahaha (except for some of the poly women....mmmmm haha)
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    A lot of great music and movies, on the music scene there are so many awesome local bands now and in the past that didn't hit internationally...same with some movies.

Sydney Opera House? Many, many times... Circular Quay on a Sunday afternoon, lot's of open air bars and live music...just awesome! To the right is the opera house and to the left the old coat hanger the Sydney Harbour Bridge! Unbelievably beautiful!
  • x_desertcolt_x
    x_desertcolt_x Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    why are you a bunch of shackel-dragging cheats? lol im just kidding...(kiwi)
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    No I was only a little tacker but I remember how excited my older sister was about it all...They were a huge deal down here!