• bigaussieguy71
    bigaussieguy71 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Can you believe it's not butter?

Oh God yes!
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    Do you give each other piggy back rides but call it something else like, bloke on bob, or uncle my back or something?

Hahahaha...nope, called the same thing... although you could "dink a mate on the handlebars of your pushie" (have a friend sit in the handlebars of your bike and give him a ride home)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    bobtater1 wrote: »
    So does kangaroo taste like chicken? Anything out of the ordinary here in the States we say tastes like chicken ie dog,cat, rattlesnake, ect.

No, nothing like chicken. It's red meat, with a strong taste. It kind of stinks actually, but it's ok when cooked in to things. I'm not a massive fan of it cooked as a steak

Spot on, a full Roo steak is a lot to get through, I love the kebabs...it does smell a little and it is very gamey. If you don't like steak rare/medium rare then don't bother trying it...cooking it past that the meat becomes tough as old boots.

Slow cooked is ok too.... We've made some good roo curry before :)
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    Does it drive you crazy when you tell people from a different country that you're from AUS and they say "Oh! Do you know so-and-so?" :lol:

Nah, I always say "oh yeah so-and-so! Bloody top bloke, went to school with him and pashed (made out with) his sister!"
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    Smithy0067 wrote: »
    Vegemite and Avocado on toast. Love it, had it for breakfast. :)

With tomato.... And/or poached eggs, yum!

mmmmm omg Yum!
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Do you have hillbillies there?

Do they live in Adelaide or Perth?

We don't have hillbillies. We have bogans...but they're a bit different.

Look up Houso's or Fat Pizza on YouTube...you will see Aussie versions of hillbillies/bogans
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    what is an aussie kiss?

According to Urban Dictionary, it's a French kiss down under...

This!
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    As an Australian, I notice a difference in accents between states - any other Aussies notice? (i think Eastern States accents sound more stereotypically Australian)

I'm originally from Perth so some Queenslanders think I'm from England... Hahaha
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    As an Australian, I notice a difference in accents between states - any other Aussies notice? (i think Eastern States accents sound more stereotypically Australian)

I have never heard someone speak and thought, oh you are from western australia etc

In regards to aussie accents, i actually hear that there is a real lack of regional accents, especially compared to places like the US or UK when it seems 20 metres down the road and you have a nearly different language.

Having a nomad as a father and pretty much spent time/lived in almost every State I can definitely hear the difference, and there is a distinct difference in common words for different States...ask a Victorian what a port was and they would tell you it is a bottle of plonk...having just moved from Melbourne to Brisbane before my first year of school, I cried on my first day because the teacher got angry at me because I wasn't putting my port in the port rack...I had no idea what the fukuck she was talking about!
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    Dyl1789 wrote: »
    He's from my home town, I know his cousin, and yes, we know what dictionaries are

What you mean he isn't your cousin? I thought everyone in NZ were cousins?
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    So not true! I asked a kiwi friend of mine "What's a Hindu?" and he said "Lays eggs bro!"

that is terrible

Blame Rockwiz.. Heard that one on the recent NZ special...
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    Dyl1789 wrote: »
    Nichole Kidman, she is actually American, born in Hawaii

If a cat has kittens in the oven they aren't called buns hahaha
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options

I have never heard someone speak and thought, oh you are from western australia etc

In regards to aussie accents, i actually hear that there is a real lack of regional accents, especially compared to places like the US or UK when it seems 20 metres down the road and you have a nearly different language.

Having a nomad as a father and pretty much spent time/lived in almost every State I can definitely hear the difference, and there is a distinct difference in common words for different States...ask a Victorian what a port was and they would tell you it is a bottle of plonk...having just moved from Melbourne to Brisbane before my first year of school, I cried on my first day because the teacher got angry at me because I wasn't putting my port in the port rack...I had no idea what the fukuck she was talking about!

Please 'splain'
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    bobtater1 wrote: »
    So does kangaroo taste like chicken? Anything out of the ordinary here in the States we say tastes like chicken ie dog,cat, rattlesnake, ect.

No, nothing like chicken. It's red meat, with a strong taste. It kind of stinks actually, but it's ok when cooked in to things. I'm not a massive fan of it cooked as a steak

Spot on, a full Roo steak is a lot to get through, I love the kebabs...it does smell a little and it is very gamey. If you don't like steak rare/medium rare then don't bother trying it...cooking it past that the meat becomes tough as old boots.

Slow cooked is ok too.... We've made some good roo curry before :)

Ohhhh will have to try that!
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    Do you give each other piggy back rides but call it something else like, bloke on bob, or uncle my back or something?

Hahahaha...nope, called the same thing... although you could "dink a mate on the handlebars of your pushie" (have a friend sit in the handlebars of your bike and give him a ride home)

Pretty sure that if I said that to a guy here (especially on mfp) I'd get a D pic.

Hahaha... You probably don't ask anything and you still get a pics of that, but I see your point lol
  • bigaussieguy71
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »

Please 'splain'

Which part?
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    dc8066 wrote: »

Please 'splain'

Which part?

What was your teacher talking about?
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    I hear Australia has some of the worlds most beautiful waterfalls. Is this true? And where are they? I have a trip to Australia on my bucket list.
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard "dink" before..Ive heard of ports though