Ensure vs Boost

I have issues gaining weight. So i started drinking ensure plus mix with protein weight gain powered and ice cream thats alil over 1000 calories..Now i see boost holds more calories than ensure should i switch up to boost?

Replies

• jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    You can add carnation instant breakfast to Ensure to up the calories.

Its all a matter of taste, I can smell Ensure before it gets in the room, no thank You.

Strawberry Boost? Im ok.
  • joeybrid
    joeybrid Posts: 65 Member
    I just drink a half gallon of milk a day
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    According to Labdoor.com, they are both mediocre at best for meal replacements.

https://labdoor.com/rankings/meal-replacements

You can also use the below for strategies, food ideas and recipes to help you.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10326769/are-you-a-hard-gainer-please-read/p1

• Amyleex3
    Amyleex3 Posts: 27 Member
    Thank you all..Im going to give boost a try.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,373 MFP Moderator
    Amyleex3 wrote: »

Work on incorporating more fat into your diet... even if that means eating peanut butter out of the jar.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Amyleex3 wrote: »

Work on incorporating more fat into your diet... even if that means eating peanut butter out of the jar.

And if you're chasing Gains, nothing wrong with that at all..

Eat it like a popsicle.
  • valerie7999
    valerie7999 Posts: 16 Member
    edited July 2017
    The difference in calories is not worth it in my opinion. Boost tastes chalky and bad to me. I'm sure it will be fine mixed with ice cream though. :)
  • Amyleex3
    Amyleex3 Posts: 27 Member
    Ugh i hate peanut butter
  • danilees2689
    danilees2689 Posts: 1 Member
    Cashew butter is lovely,or almond butter ect ..can mix it in your porridge ect or warm it up & add to your shakes