1 month in up 4.6 pounds...

I started lifting and eating more just about a month ago today, and figured I'd share my stats with the hope of getting some feedback! I'm doing about 4 hours of gym time a week, all lifting, and core.

Starting Weight: 172
Current: 176.6

Inches Added:

Bicep: .4
Waist: 1
Calf: 0 (WTF I'm doing weighted calf raises on leg day!)
Thigh: .5
Neck: 0

Just recorded these for the first time so no tracked gain:

Butt: 0
Forearm: 0

My marcos are set at C 45 F 25 P 30
Over the moth I've averaged C 40 F 30 P 30

My big concern is adding a full inch to my waist, and seeing no difference even though I've been doing calf raises. I'm also going to try and dial in my macros better this next month. I feel so much better, and am starting to notice some changes in the mirror... I just cant wait till I look like I do when I have a pump all the time!

Replies

• Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    zt27 wrote: »
    I started lifting and eating more just about a month ago today, and figured I'd share my stats with the hope of getting some feedback! I'm doing about 4 hours of gym time a week, all lifting, and core.

Starting Weight: 172
    Current: 176.6

Inches Added:

Bicep: .4
    Waist: 1
    Calf: 0 (WTF I'm doing weighted calf raises on leg day!)
    Thigh: .5
    Neck: 0

Just recorded these for the first time so no tracked gain:

Butt: 0
    Forearm: 0

My marcos are set at C 45 F 25 P 30
    Over the moth I've averaged C 40 F 30 P 30

My big concern is adding a full inch to my waist, and seeing no difference even though I've been doing calf raises. I'm also going to try and dial in my macros better this next month. I feel so much better, and am starting to notice some changes in the mirror... I just cant wait till I look like I do when I have a pump all the time!

Did you gain more of that weight in the first couple weeks compared to the last 2 weeks? If so, you're probably on a good path in terms of weight gain. I would try and keep it to a weekly gain of 1lb/week and just train HARD. How many calories are you having?

Also the weight gain in your waist could literally just from eating more food and being a bit fuller in the stomach.

I would recommend weighing everyday and then averaging the weight at the end of the week and using the averages to compare change from week to week, rather then relying on 1 single weigh in each week.

Also I would do a chest measurement as well to keep track of.
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    Looks like you're on track. I don't really think there's much you can do about the waist increase. About 50% of your gains are going to be fat so inevitably for us guys it's fat around the waist. :disappointed:
  • zt27
    zt27 Posts: 11 Member

Also I would do a chest measurement as well to keep track of.

Ah yes, thanks!

Rusty740 wrote: »
    Looks like you're on track. I don't really think there's much you can do about the waist increase. About 50% of your gains are going to be fat so inevitably for us guys it's fat around the waist. :disappointed:

I guess that's what cutting is for!
  • big_jon_1988
    big_jon_1988 Posts: 58 Member
    Most of your gains will be fat, over a year you're in a great place if you put on 10 to 15 pounds of muscle as a new lifter. As for calves they're largely genetic, and very difficult to put mass on as the size directly relates to the length of the calf muscle or how low it reaches down towards your ankle.