Whats a good Keto Food Recipe?

Madalynn_mommy
Madalynn_mommy Posts: 3 Member
I can't maintain my weight I keep going back the the weight I was I'm trying to lose 40 40-59lbs and tomorrow in going to try keto diet

Replies

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    A steak, a pork chop, or a chicken breast with some steamed broccoli or string beans or cauliflour or zucchini on the side with any type of oil drizzled on top.
  • Cassandral90
    Cassandral90 Posts: 2 Member
    I have been doing keto for about a week now and feeling great. Meat and veggies have been my go to with some kind of berry for a sweet snack in between.
  • ccorley442
    ccorley442 Posts: 1 Member
    My doctor placed me on an intermittent fasting diet 18:6 and when I do eat it's Keto. 2 weeks in and feeling good. I do find it hard to eat a high percentage if fat though.
  • Geocitiesuser
    ccorley442 wrote: »
    My doctor placed me on an intermittent fasting diet 18:6 and when I do eat it's Keto. 2 weeks in and feeling good. I do find it hard to eat a high percentage if fat though.

Drizzle in oil, or cook with butter. Make sure you measure it out.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    ccorley442 wrote: »

...and in addition to measuring it out, log it. Weight loss isn't about 18:6 or keto, it depends on a calorie deficit. I can easily eat too much when I low-carb and do IF.
  • ReesyIsLivingOnKeto
    ReesyIsLivingOnKeto Posts: 38 Member
    Hi there. Add me as a friend. I am also hoping to make morw connections for any MFP folks on Keto or LCHF.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    A steak, a pork chop, or a chicken breast with some steamed broccoli or string beans or cauliflour or zucchini on the side with any type of oil drizzled on top.

On keto? Chicken breast has too little fat.. you gotta eat chicken thigh, or wings with skin. Any fatty cuts. Then u don't have to add extra fat to the meat.
  • randilyn2013
    randilyn2013 Posts: 40 Member
    I've been on/off keto for a year and pretty strict the last 3 months or so. I am never hungry on keto so I do eat calorically dense meals but if you need more fat just use heavy cream and cheese, season up a creamy sauce for chicken breast. Also avocados are soo fatty, they really even omelets fat to protein ratio.

Mexican bowls are good. Seasoned ground beef, cheese, sour cream, avocado. We always bake little cheese "chips" and make it like nachos. Just little piles of cheese baked crispy on parchment paper.

A favorite evening snack/side is baked garlic parm green beans with a side of ranch. You can find certain dressings with really low carbs. Green Beans do have carbs so make sure to measure your serving out but I've never been kicked out of ketosis because of them.
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    I heard grilled chicken and broccoli topped with homemade alfredo sauce is good!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    kokonani wrote: »

On keto? Chicken breast has too little fat.. you gotta eat chicken thigh, or wings with skin. Any fatty cuts. Then u don't have to add extra fat to the meat.

I did keto for a bit and am still LCHF (may be still in ketosis because I'm active, who knows). I roast chicken breast with skin (or a whole chicken) all the time, it's not that huge a difference. Add avocado and some veg cooked with some olive oil, and you have plenty of fat.
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    I made an Egg McMuffin with mug bread, first time I experienced the mug bread and so happy I learned how to make them. It was really good!
  • southern_star
    southern_star Posts: 89 Member
    EllaLeahB wrote: »
    I made an Egg McMuffin with mug bread, first time I experienced the mug bread and so happy I learned how to make them. It was really good!

What is mug bread?
  • webdevsoup
    webdevsoup Posts: 384 Member
    edited July 2017
    Checkout the ruled.me website. they have a lot of keto information. I have their 30 day plan. Menus, recipes, and all nutritionals, all for free.
  • DharmainHeels
    DharmainHeels Posts: 94 Member
    Find keto groups on FB - there are a ton of great ones with so many recipes you'll lose your mind!
  • Geocitiesuser
    edited July 2017
    kokonani wrote: »

You can eat chicken breast on keto and get your fat elsewhere. If you don't want to drizzle oil on, like magic you now have room in your diet for more avacado, or mayo, or cream cheese, or something else you like. You don't "have" to eat a chicken thigh. Just like you don't have to avoid vegetables. This is part of my issue with keto. Calories in vs calories out, and macro counts, are still the bottom line, no matter what ratio of them you're eating. There is nothing magical about eating a fatty cut of meat.
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    EllaLeahB wrote: »

What is mug bread?

You literally throw a few things in a coffee mug and put it in the microwave. If you would like I can post you the recipe that I used.
  • bVkrVb
    bVkrVb Posts: 2 Member
    Cauliflower Mash w/ Bison Sausage
    Brocolli & Cheese soup
    Cauliflower & Sage soup
    Guacamole on everything
    Cloud Bread
    Look up keto smoothies (tons out there like mint chip/raspberry cheesecake)
    Peanut Butter Cups (highly recommend for fat intake)
  • dm5859
    dm5859 Posts: 81 Member
    Keto Mississippi roast - recipe on ruled.me
    Keto microwave hamburger bun- same site
    And to snack bacon wrapped mozzarella sticks deep fried or made in the oven for less mess
  • beckipastor
    beckipastor Posts: 1 Member
    I'm also using keto and extremely restricted carbs to get off a plateau and I've found that bullet coffee is great together with a protein shake in the morning. I'm not even hungry for hours!! I downloaded a keto app that is quasi-helpful with some recipes that I've then had to look up macros on.....called "total keto diet" and I eat bacon or melted Monterey Jack cheese with taco sauce (it's my no carb ketchup!!) For snacks......and I use guacamole abd taco sauce on all burgers now....
  • Senrak66
    Senrak66 Posts: 39 Member
    keto + if is great to do. I eat 3 sramble eggs 2 bacon and broccolia every first meal.
    i eat my first meal at 12noon and eat my last meal at 6pm. i also cycle 3 days of 3 meal aday
    and 3 day of 2 meals a day.