Is it ok to ask for credit score/report before first date

Replies

• mrwineismybf
    mrwineismybf Posts: 4,088 Member
    It's an interesting concept, but I don't think it will weed out the kind of people you are concerned about. It might weed out the ones that are fiscally foolish or had some financial bad luck. But not all of those people are messed up, they are just bad with money or they could have hit a really *kitten* row of circumstances.
    A Rorschach test might be a better option. I mean if every answer to every ink blot they see is vagina, boobies or a naked picture of their mom, then you know you have one to weed out.

Ugh true...better option...makes sense...but where can i get those
  • mrwineismybf
    Honestly you should get to know them. If they're asking for photos of your body before the first date, don't date them. Maybe if you volunteered somewhere or took some classes or something you might meet a good person with similar interests you could get to know. A credit report isn't really going to tell you anything.

True so if i meet someone hiking...cause i like hiking...good date material
  • th1nr
    th1nr Posts: 42 Member
    It's weird because to do a credit report you need a lot of personal info like former addresses, possibly SS number... I wouldn't give that away to someone I hadn't met. Also, asking for proof of financial valor would probably be looked down on because dating someone "just" for their money is usually socially unacceptable, although I understand that in a long-term relationship finances should be a factor.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Honestly you should get to know them. If they're asking for photos of your body before the first date, don't date them. Maybe if you volunteered somewhere or took some classes or something you might meet a good person with similar interests you could get to know. A credit report isn't really going to tell you anything.

s-d1e0df62a0cada6be40d8ed30317c51b7bb6295d.gif

• mrwineismybf
    All jokes aside...whats equivalent in the dating world to the extremely personal questions guys ask ...
  • mrwineismybf

s-d1e0df62a0cada6be40d8ed30317c51b7bb6295d.gif

My fav so far...ill use this gif on my next dating app to intice and scare away
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    I have excellent credit. But I'm still an *kitten*.

same here.....

just remember, when I cut you off on the freeway and then flip you the bird, that Porsche didn't finance itself.
  • mrwineismybf
    All jokes aside...whats equivalent in the dating world to the extremely personal questions guys ask ...

What extremely personal questions do guys ask?

Pretty sure i cant say it on here
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member

Personal questions such as? I'm curious what other people consider personal.

I hate being asked personal questions...it just shuts me down right away...I'll tell you about me when I feel comfortable! I hate being asked "tell me about yourself" my mind goes blank and I feel 'put on the spot'.

Questions I'd like to know (maybe not first date questions) is if there are any 'deal breakers', things I won't compromise on. From there I'd decide what type (if any) of a relationship was possible.
  • Vikka_V

You can, just choose your words carefully

Well I can't draw a comparison for an equivalent question if I don't know what we're talking about

I'm so curious now
  • Motorsheen
    Vikka_V wrote: »

Personal questions such as? I'm curious what other people consider personal.

How dare you ask that ! Hmmmmph!

• Motorsheen

Well I can't draw a comparison for an equivalent question if I don't know what we're talking about

does one of the questions rhyme with: Firetruck?
  • Vikka_V
    My first guess is what's your bra size

I have no problem with this one, but ask me what my hobbies or interests are and I shut down!
  • mrwineismybf
    Rhymes with luck, bits, and torn knee
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    My first guess is what's your bra size

I have no problem with this one, but ask me what my hobbies or interests are and I shut down!

Same here. Whenever someone says, "what's your favourite movie?" I literally remember zero movies that I've ever seen.

Same! I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    Or sometimes the only thing that comes to mind is some random movie I watched a long time ago that I have no particular attachment to, but it's the only thing that comes to mind.