Is it ok to ask for credit score/report before first date

Replies

• crushingitdaily12345
    crushingitdaily12345 Posts: 577 Member
    769... just checked it today! Emphasis on the 69... lol
  • YearOfTheDragonLeo
    YearOfTheDragonLeo Posts: 214 Member
    If a dude asked me this he would get a middle finger. And I don't have credit issues....mind ya damn bizness!
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    769... just checked it today! Emphasis on the 69... lol

You should ask the OP out.
  • born_of_fire74
    born_of_fire74 Posts: 776 Member
    I don't even share my credit score with my wife.

This. I have no idea what my husband's credit rating is.
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    The topics about dating on this site are absolutely soul crushing.

I have a terrific over 800 credit score...but Jesus Christ.

I hope I never have to date again...

:(

Good luck to one and all.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Mine is 697, eat your heart out fellas ;)

Back away! Back away!

q87736n96chj.png
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    edited July 2017
    Nice troll thread.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I find it hilarious that 90% of the responses have no clue that it's a comedy thread. Amazing. :laugh: Well done, OP. :cookie:

If this is true OP deserves to be nominated for "best puppet master of the day", too funny!

Well played and kinda hilarious...MFP does not disappoint
  • ozgurvh
    ozgurvh Posts: 182 Member
    Are you picking a husband at first date
  • nolan44219
    nolan44219 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Mine is 697, eat your heart out fellas ;)

*steals a twenty from your purse*

That wasn't mine. I keep my cash in my bra like the hoes on the corner taught me.

This just made me want to touch your boobs even more
  • lollyolivia
    lollyolivia Posts: 305 Member
    Friend and i discussed this and although im not into money it may help weed out some weirdos...thoughts?

It should be an unspoken rule!! Lol just checking! Some employers asked for it on the first interview...but I could never lol
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Friend and i discussed this and although im not into money it may help weed out some weirdos...thoughts?

It should be an unspoken rule!! Lol just checking! Some employers asked for it on the first interview...but I could never lol

Some positions of trust require a complete background checks. A sub-normal credit score brings some red flags. It is not a dis-qualifier, but it is an indicator.
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    This topic reminds me of an old lendingtree.com commercial. (Sorry, I guess I can't just post a link to YouTube. Well, enjoy the video!)
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=r0HX4a5P8eE
  • mrwineismybf
    mrwineismybf Posts: 4,088 Member
    Well the deed was done and all is good ...i think asking questions no matter how silly or personal is the key....i hear wedding bells :p
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Well the deed was done and all is good ...i think asking questions no matter how silly or personal is the key....i hear wedding bells :p

So, I'm so curious to know...was your thread question for real or are you just sitting back and laughing at all the responses?

I don't even know at this point!

It is fun tho, for sure!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    i wouldn't think so. i never wanted to know that kind of thing about strangers even when they were insisting on telling me, personally.
    Is there not some way women can weed out the men without being critized

well, for a first date - not that i ever willingly went on one - you could try weeding them out by whether or not they seem like people you'd want to spend a few hours with.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    edited July 2017
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    The guy who "took it out" on our first date was a successful business owner. lol I don't think knowing credit score is going to determine who the weirdos are.

Someone asked why it's ok to ask for pictures. I think it's fine to ask for a full body shot (not noodz!) because we all know that a picture of a face tells you nothing. I don't care if people think it's shallow, I want to know if the guy I'm going to meet is fit and I see nothing wrong with them wanting to see that I am what I say I am. The only time I can see someone being offended by this is if you're trying to hide something.

As for the types of personal questions it sounds like you're being asked, I'd shut that *kitten* down immediately unless all I was looking for was a hook up.

You're a beautiful and smart girl. Be picky. If someone is trying to get all pervy in the first conversations don't even bother with them. Unless that's what you're looking for of course.

I made sure my online profile had several pics, including at least one rather unflattering with bare arms and full body. BUT that picture also had me teaching a preschool class with a mouse puppet. (The kids could olny be seen from back of heads)I figured it was important to show that I was heavy, and not going to let that stop me from being me, and by the way, don't be surprised when I'm fat. Sure, I had fewer hits, but that was better for me anyhow. I certainly didn't want to deal with someone who cared what my "numbers" are. And I deleted anyone who started asking me innapropriate questions or making it clear that they wanted a cheap hookup. Also that one "businessman" with the wallet photo daughters who "traveled the world" and lived in London, but didn't have any real background on his kids, and wasn't sure what his "buisness" did. But gee, he thought I was amazing!I wanted a man who would appreciate that I was honest, caring, and fun to be with. I got a man who was amazing, funny, kind and my absolute best match!
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Miss Wine, I have a credit score north of 800 and plenty of money in the bank :p

Whaaaaaaaaaaa?!?!?!

Is it really you???
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member

jo4m6rlbbxi8.gif