Cutting 28days left till my holiday

Ok so I go to CYPRUS in 28 days reintroduced cardio 5 weeks ago been eating clean but seeing very little weight loss. I've lost it before doing classes and uphill power walking farlek training. I am getting really frustrated now as my body particularly is clinging on to bellyfat lost everything around it getting v lines but have what I can only describe as an annoying pod. I am built so have kept an element of weights in my weekly routine. Should I change up my cardio help!

Replies

• Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    What does "very little weight loss" mean? How much weight have you lost over the last 5 weeks? Have you been tracking your calories?
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    lower your calories in. Attempt to keep training with weights at same level, if you drop in intensity, no big deal, you don't need much lifting to retain muscle that's already there.
  • Jpefitness
    Jpefitness Posts: 9 Member
    I don't really eat huge amounts to be fair
  • Jpefitness
    Jpefitness Posts: 9 Member
    Due a weigh in tomorrow
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    How much do you have to lose?

How much have you lost?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Jpefitness wrote: »

"huge amounts" is ambiguous.

I eat vast amounts (literally kilos) of vegetables a day and am losing weight at a good pace. I bet I would gain weight eating "not a huge amount" by changing my food choices.

No one can help you unless you know your Calories In and Out.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    This is probably not what you want to hear but I'd advise getting all your cutting over and done with at least a week before your holiday (but IMHO 3 to 4 weeks is much better) since, in my experience, coming straight off a cut and into a holiday is a recipe for overindulgence in booze and food which, straight after a cut seems to add a disproportionate amount of fat alongside the bloating/water retention (additional to that you may experience from increase sun and air travel).

If your intention is to look the best you can for your holiday (for the whole of the holiday not just the first 12 hours) my advice is, give yourself a maximum of 2 more weeks cutting then slowly ramp your cals back up to maintainance and get a decent fake tan.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Oh and also....

"huge amounts" is ambiguous.

I eat vast amounts (literally kilos) of vegetables a day and am losing weight at a good pace. I bet I would gain weight eating "not a huge amount" by changing my food choices.

No one can help you unless you know your Calories In and Out.

^^This. Understand your calories in v out.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    This is probably not what you want to hear but I'd advise getting all your cutting over and done with at least a week before your holiday (but IMHO 3 to 4 weeks is much better) since, in my experience, coming straight off a cut and into a holiday is a recipe for overindulgence in booze and food which, straight after a cut seems to add a disproportionate amount of fat alongside the bloating/water retention (additional to that you may experience from increase sun and air travel).

If your intention is to look the best you can for your holiday (for the whole of the holiday not just the first 12 hours) my advice is, give yourself a maximum of 2 more weeks cutting then slowly ramp your cals back up to maintainance and get a decent fake tan.

This. Cutting till the date you go away is a recipe for bingeing while on holiday.
    I'd also advise maintenance cals for the last week or two before you go away.
  • matt151200
    matt151200 Posts: 16 Member
    Ok so I go to CYPRUS in 28 days reintroduced cardio 5 weeks ago been eating clean but seeing very little weight loss. I've lost it before doing classes and uphill power walking farlek training. I am getting really frustrated now as my body particularly is clinging on to bellyfat lost everything around it getting v lines but have what I can only describe as an annoying pod. I am built so have kept an element of weights in my weekly routine. Should I change up my cardio help!
    eating clean is nonsense foods are not good or bad or clean or junk just be in a calorie deficit be consistent and the fat will come off ...worst thing to is start slashing cals because u will end up binge eating etc just be paitent mate oh and also a refeed once every 14 to 21 days is good just but your cals to maintaince for that one day low fats and raise your. Carbs your body will thank you :)