What is Apetamin?

It seems to show up a lot on these boards. Is it advertised on MFP? (I use a pop up blocker). I looked it up on whois and it's been open for less than 2 years. Addy out of Canada with a mailing address of CA (odd). Shows 20 changes on 17 IP addresses (again odd).
Where are people learning about this product, facebook? It's really popular here to gain weight.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Here is the below. But for the most part, it's an unregulated stimulant for hunger.

https://www.drugs.com/cdi/cyproheptadine-syrup.html
  • aanglin127
    aanglin127 Posts: 3 Member
    Where can I get apetamin from ?
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    aanglin127 wrote: »
    Where can I get apetamin from ?

Probably type "buy Apetamin" into a Google search. I, personally, wouldn't bother unless you're just not able to eat because of some illness. Gaining weight is just a matter of eating more calories than you burn.
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited July 2017
    @ CMB That's what I typed and I got the scam site that I did a whois search on.
    To me, if a store does not sell it, not even a health food store or medical center DON'T BUY IT.
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    Chunky Peanut Butter should be your friend!
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    I wouldn't say it's popular on MFP, any more than other fringe diet aids are, and as far as I know it's not advertised by MFP. It's marketed to a small, specific subset of people, so if you're not in that population, there's probably no reason you would've heard of it before. It's the same thing with some of the prescription diet pills for me -- I'm not in their target demographic, so I would've never heard of things like Belviq or Contrave were it not for MFP boards. That doesn't mean they're encouraged by the site or even the majority of its users; if just means that I'm exposed to a broader population of people with different questions and concerns here than I would be otherwise.
  • se015
    se015 Posts: 583 Member
    Yea I'd like to find some, I love those people that say, "oh it's just a matter of eating more" well there are some people who don't have a big appetite and yes I work out a ton, but I require lots of caffeine to have the energy to complete an intense work out, aka pre workouts, and those decrease my appetite due to the caffeine content so something like Apetamine would be helpful. :)
  • cookiesncreamy
    cookiesncreamy Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    It's an appetite stimulate that has a does of 2 mgs of cyproheptadine hydrochloride found in antihistamines. The idea is that it will slow down your metabolism and cause you to feel short bursts of hunger slowing you to consume a lot of food without feeling satisfied. And after your meals you do feel drowsy and you may even fall asleep within your two - to three days of consumption. There isn't a lot of information about the product but I do however have a strip of info that came in the packaging. It doesn't come with many of the products so I considered myself lucky. I would not recommend buying the product online because many websites i.e. Instagram company's do not have a consistent pricing and they may buy the product wholesale to resell for more than its intended value. As you can see the product comes from India but it can be for in many African owned store for a lower price so instead of paying 30 dollars for 1 you can pay 10-15 dollars for the 1 bottle
  • psuLemon
    It's an appetite stimulate that has a does of 2 mgs of cyproheptadine hydrochloride found in antihistamines. The idea is that it will slow down your metabolism and cause you to feel short bursts of hunger slowing you to consume a lot of food without feeling satisfied. And after your meals you do feel drowsy and you may even fall asleep within your two - to three days of consumption. There isn't a lot of information about the product but I do however have a strip of info that came in the packaging. It doesn't come with many of the products so I considered myself lucky. I would not recommend buying the product online because many websites i.e. Instagram company's do not have a consistent pricing and they may buy the product wholesale to resell for more than its intended value. As you can see the product comes from India but it can be for in many African owned store for a lower price so instead of paying 30 dollars for 1 you can pay 10-15 dollars for the 1 bottle

It doesn't slow your metabolism. A side effect for antihistamines is hunger in some people. If people really want a regulated stimulate, then go to a doctor.
  • psuLemon
    Seth1825 wrote: »
    Yea I'd like to find some, I love those people that say, "oh it's just a matter of eating more" well there are some people who don't have a big appetite and yes I work out a ton, but I require lots of caffeine to have the energy to complete an intense work out, aka pre workouts, and those decrease my appetite due to the caffeine content so something like Apetamine would be helpful. :)

You should consider looking at the types of foods you are eating or drinking and modifying that. Adding chocolate milk, fattier cuts of meats or more fats is a great way of adding plenty of calories.
  • salinasjennifer18
    salinasjennifer18 Posts: 1 Member
    edited July 2017
    Apetamin is a syrup that increases your appetite, targeted mainly for those who struggle to raise the calories on the food they eat, have a fast metabolism, or anorexia. You can look it up on YouTube and you'll find tons of reviews. If you go to your doctor as well they will speak to you about it since it is doctor friendly and can be prescribed. Personally, I had a time in my life where I had no sort of appetite and I tried it for a couple months and I gained 8lb in a week. It works but make sure you try increasing your calories at home first, and then order Apetamin (online only). Don't get ripped off and buy one bottle for $40.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Apetamin is a syrup that increases your appetite, targeted mainly for those who struggle to raise the calories on the food they eat, have a fast metabolism, or anorexia. You can look it up on YouTube and you'll find tons of reviews. If you go to your doctor as well they will speak to you about it since it is doctor friendly and can be prescribed. Personally, I had a time in my life where I had no sort of appetite and I tried it for a couple months and I gained 8lb in a week. It works but make sure you try increasing your calories at home first, and then order Apetamin (online only). Don't get ripped off and buy one bottle for $40.

Or just eat calorie dense foods...
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member

8lbs in a week is way faster weight gain than recommended. Even eating disorder programs who have massively underweight patients don't aim for anything close to that.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member

8lbs in a week is way faster weight gain than recommended. Even eating disorder programs who have massively underweight patients don't aim for anything close to that.
  • Boobie804
    Boobie804 Posts: 17 Member
    edited July 2017
    It seems to show up a lot on these boards. Is it advertised on MFP? (I use a pop up blocker). I looked it up on whois and it's been open for less than 2 years. Addy out of Canada with a mailing address of CA (odd). Shows 20 changes on 17 IP addresses (again odd).
    Where are people learning about this product, facebook? It's really popular here to gain weight.

I just started 2 weeks ago and I gain 5 pounds. It's like secret cult I had a hard time trying to find it. I had to send emails and wait for the seller to send my a link to his website. I order one bottle from him. While low and behold they sell it at a local market where I live and the first thing the lady said who told you about apetamin. It's definitely hard to get it online and ebay will tax the hell out you. I pay 15.99 and I seen it sale on ebay for 40 -60 dollars.