First Competition

2»

Replies

• TonyCompagnone
    TonyCompagnone Posts: 1 Member
    Hey everyone,
    I'm new to the site... I competed in June of 2017 in the ANBF Natural federation and turned professional in the classic physique master's division. I'm getting my prep started early for next June's show also July and November, I'm 24 weeks out and extremely motivated.
    Train hard, Train smart and Train often!!!!
    Let's chat
  • Tattooedmom44
    Tattooedmom44 Posts: 93 Member
    edited January 2018
    I’ve competed twice in figure. I don’t want to discourage you, but the amount of time required to properly train, and the amount of money are both huge commitments. If you can’t manage to do this properly because of time/money restrictions, you may really struggle with the process. You may have to wait until you finish college.
  • Maribreal
    Maribreal Posts: 4 Member
    @Lean59man facts
  • Seant456
    Seant456 Posts: 70 Member
    edited January 2018
    nomorepuke wrote: »
    To OP, do you have an Instagram account? I'd highly recommend using Instagram. Once you show what you can achieve, a lot of companies will offer you advertisement deals.

im with you, you need to use any and all means necessary to peruse your goals, if people think you deserve it and wanna contribute then that's up to them and if not well then they wont contribute.... this lifestyle is competitive and expensive its up to you to perform and if you can, people will help.... its no different than asking for a scholarship if you don't perform no more money....
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I'm going to Australia this October, competing for the first time. My first goal was lose weight. Then I wanted to build muscles. I lost weight without a nutritionist or a trainer. But later I realized that training for a completion is completely different story. I had to get a nutritionist. It's a bit pricey but you can do fundraising from friends and family. Instagram is a good way to put yourself out there.

Please don't. Do you expect your friends and family to pay for other hobbies you choose to do?

Why not? Why not people help each other out? People help each other and support each other all the time. What's wrong with it? Competing and accomplishing something is inspiring to all. People can pitch in $10, $20 , what's the big deal?

It's sleazy. You are going into this knowing it could cost upwards of $1000 and you don't see a problem with asking people to pay to make your whim come true. It's like the girl who set up a go fund me asking others to buy her a house because she doesn't feel like she should have to. Your frivolous dream is not a necessity others should fund.

But if it works, I'll have my young beautiful daughter do a gofundme because daddy needs a new truck.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I'm going to Australia this October, competing for the first time. My first goal was lose weight. Then I wanted to build muscles. I lost weight without a nutritionist or a trainer. But later I realized that training for a completion is completely different story. I had to get a nutritionist. It's a bit pricey but you can do fundraising from friends and family. Instagram is a good way to put yourself out there.

Please don't. Do you expect your friends and family to pay for other hobbies you choose to do?

Why not? Why not people help each other out? People help each other and support each other all the time. What's wrong with it? Competing and accomplishing something is inspiring to all. People can pitch in $10, $20 , what's the big deal?

It's sleazy. You are going into this knowing it could cost upwards of $1000 and you don't see a problem with asking people to pay to make your whim come true. It's like the girl who set up a go fund me asking others to buy her a house because she doesn't feel like she should have to. Your frivolous dream is not a necessity others should fund.

But if it works, I'll have my young beautiful daughter do a gofundme because daddy needs a new truck.

Why stop there? night club is probably going to be faster. If you're going to go there- might as well get as much bang for your buck. Why stop there.