Celebrity Encounters

Replies

• EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    I've met James Hetfield and George Lucas at old jobs. Both very down to earth. I've also come across Carlos Santana (super cool dude) and Jerry Garcia in passing years ago . I live in the Bay Area and they are all locals or lived around in the area. I've never came across a celebrity who was rude accept for a Rapper, Rappin 4tay who thought he was God's gift.
  • EllaLeahB
    EllaLeahB Posts: 310 Member
    Played pool with Keifer sutherland. He lost.

I love him in Designated Survivor!
  • I met Jessica Alba while she was in town filming a movie about 10 years ago. I'd like to say I played it cool but I think a smile and a hello was all I could manage while having a full on panic attack on the inside B)
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Ooh! I just thought of another one. A couple of years ago I went to see Vincent D'Onofrio do this weird spoken word performance thing at Joe's Pub (at the Public Theater) in NY. I'm waiting in the theater lobby waiting to get into the pub space, and Chelsea Clinton walks by (pretty cool)... then this tall dude in a baseball cap next to me starts shouting across the lobby at someone he knows: "Yo, bro!!!" blah blah blah peppered with a lot of "bro"s thrown in. All of a sudden I realize it's Ethan Hawke. Turns out he's good friends with Vincent D'Onofrio and was there to cheer him on (which he did very loudly throughout the performance), who knew?
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    In the 90's at the Rennaissance Fair in So Cal, Jon Voight offered to carry my Nana's coffee to our table (We had too much to carry ourselves). He is the nicest person ever. And an Oscar winner to boot!
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 284 Member
    edited July 2017
    Reggie Bush (NFL)

When he was in pop warner football in SAN DIEGO, CA....my dad was one of his coaches...he was awesome then! :#
  • Jimb376mfp
    Jimb376mfp Posts: 6,227 Member
    I laughed when my 42 yo son told me his celebrity encounter with Peter Dinklage on the sidewalk in Brooklyn.

My son saw Peter Dinklage walking towards him but he didn't want to bother him so he thought he would just give him a High Five (which to me is funny by itself).

As they passed each other Dinklage stopped and pulled his ear buds out and asked my son what he wanted. I guess the sight of an oncoming fan with his hand up like he wanted to slap him was unusual. My son explained his intent and said Mr Dinklage was very polite and nice to him.

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,454 Member
    I dated a popular DJ of a popular radio station back in the early 90's. So I met a lot of hip hop 90's artists backstage. My favorite person to meet because she was so down to Earth..............Queen Latifah.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • BattleRopes
    BattleRopes Posts: 128 Member
    MJ2victory wrote: »
    All at San Diego Comic-Con from 2010-2015

Conan O'Brien - really ON and funny
    Ellijah Wood - very kind
    Seth Green - hilarious and obliging
    David Duchoveny - kind and polite but kinda half there
    Gillian Anderson - a lil frosty
    Zachary Levi - kind and engaged
    Nathan Fillion - charming, energetic, and kind
    Jim Caviezel - really weird and sloppy and drugged like
    Tom Hiddleston - sweet and seemed a bit overwhelmed
    Kristin Schaal - not so into it
    Alan Tudyk - funny and nice
    Karl Urban - wore sunglasses at a signing which was annoying but was nice when engaged
    Evangeline Lily - nice and a bit of a space cadet
    Josh Holloway - way too handsome for real life
    Ian Somerhalder - totally on, totally charming, shook my hand and held it while we chatted
    Bryan Cranston - funny and nice
    Bob Odenkirk - so on but so genuine and funny and kind - gave me candy!
    M. Night Shyamalan - quiet and kind (and really short)
    Chuck Palahniak - weird. literally choked everyone
    Joss Whedon - nice but tired
    Kevin Sorbo - funny and nice
    Marina Sirtis - kind and fun to talk to
    Brent Spiner - a total ham. Very flirty.
    JJ Abrams - nice but reserved
    Milo Ventimiglia - fun. hot. ridiculously hot.
    Anthony Stewart Head - kind in a British way

the rest... idk man they're kinda nerdy and obscure but yeah most everyone is nice. They're actors so they know how to bring it.

So cute!
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    edited July 2017
    I spent my childhood going to Star Trek conventions with my older brother. I was probably 8 or 10 years old when I had the chance to meet some of the original cast. Most of them would come on stage, do a quick speech.. sign a few autographs and leave. The nicest two I met were James Doohan (Scotty) and Grace Lee Whitney (Yeoman Rand). James Doohan would give a speech and refused to leave the room until he personally shook the hand and greeted all of his fans personally. Grace Lee Whitney stayed on and partied with everyone and danced with even us kids for a moment or two. Fun stuff I'll never forget.

As an interesting side note.. my older brother passed away over 10 years ago. We sent a little bit of his ashes up into space along side James Doohan and L Gordon Cooper (Astronaut).
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited July 2017
    Roy Rogers & Dale Evans. I rode around in their carriage with them before a parade one time when I was a kid. They actually wanted their pic taken with me & my brother. LOL
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    @eggToni wrote: »
    In the 90's at the Rennaissance Fair in So Cal, Jon Voight offered to carry my Nana's coffee to our table (We had too much to carry ourselves). He is the nicest person ever. And an Oscar winner to boot!

I once owned his car.

Did it look like this?

rfdupq9bryhd.jpg
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    @eggToni wrote: »

I once owned his car.

Did it look like this?

rfdupq9bryhd.jpg
    Yes. It was a great car until my stupid senile neighbor starting messing with the engine one day
  • elizabethmcopeland
    elizabethmcopeland Posts: 167 Member
    Meeting Alex Kingston only further solidified my crush on her.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Meeting Alex Kingston only further solidified my crush on her.

I never bought into her character's relationship with Dr Greene on ER.
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 284 Member
    Seen Danica McKellar at the DMV....seemed nice