Celebrity Encounters

Options

Replies

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Roy Rogers & Dale Evans. I rode around in their carriage with them before a parade one time when I was a kid. They actually wanted their pic taken with me & my brother. LOL

The 1930's were a great time, eh?

• HooperDrivesTheBoatChief
    Options
    So I jump ship in Hong Kong and I make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas......So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking.
  • ashharris424
    ashharris424 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've met several country singers at CMA Music Festival in Nashville. The most popular of those was probably Carrie Underwood. As far as random encounters go:

- Loaded up baby furniture into Darryl Worley's huge Dodge Ram when his wife was pregnant. Super nice guy.
    - Did a baby registry for Lila McCann and Jaci Valasquez. Both were pretty quiet and didn't say much.
    - Helped Brad Mates from Emerson Drive shop for a baby gift (can you tell I worked in a baby store?) I've met Emerson Drive several times so we're pretty cool with each other now. He thought I was really weird when we first met. lol
    - Went to pick up tickets I won off the radio and met Beyonce (she was with Destiny's Child at the time). She didn't talk much. Kelly did most of the talking.
    - Hung out with the lead singer of Inner Circle (COPS theme song) at the hotel pool. He was super flirty with my friend. Kind of creepy now that I think of it considering we were only about 15 at the time.

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    So I jump ship in Hong Kong and I make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas......So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking.

Stealing my lines, eh?
  • HooperDrivesTheBoatChief
    Options

Stealing my lines, eh?

lm2ecea7r9ky.gif
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    @eggToni wrote: »
    In the 90's at the Rennaissance Fair in So Cal, Jon Voight offered to carry my Nana's coffee to our table (We had too much to carry ourselves). He is the nicest person ever. And an Oscar winner to boot!

I once owned his car.

Hahaha! Seinfeld!
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I have a huge celebrity hugging me in my profile pics...
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Ty pennington came to fargo moorhead to do a home makeover and my friend lived on the next street over and we met him and he was a huge weiner

This made getting to work such a pain. I worked on 8th street at the time.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Ty pennington came to fargo moorhead to do a home makeover and my friend lived on the next street over and we met him and he was a huge weiner

This made getting to work such a pain. I worked on 8th street at the time.

Really?? Thats awesome! Not then, of course but yeah!
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Roy Rogers & Dale Evans. I rode around in their carriage with them before a parade one time when I was a kid. They actually wanted their pic taken with me & my brother. LOL

The 1930's were a great time, eh?

Well, the 80's but yeah. The 80's were awesome.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    oh yeah, I forgot.... Julian Lennon ( John's kid ) at a hole-in-the-wall, dive bar in Los Angeles.

nice guy
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I went to university in Daytona Beach in the early-mid '90s and worked the front desk of one of the nicer hotels, so I've met a number of race car drivers and motorcycle racers of that era. Most all of them were pretty nice. Richard Petty was a cool, down-to-earth guy (his wife OTOH...). He would sometimes hang out in the lobby without his trademark hat and sunglasses, and almost nobody would recognize him. Robby Gordon is the only one that stands out in my mind as being a *kitten*.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    @EggToni wrote: »
    In the 90's at the Rennaissance Fair in So Cal, Jon Voight offered to carry my Nana's coffee to our table (We had too much to carry ourselves). He is the nicest person ever. And an Oscar winner to boot!

I once owned his car.

Hahaha! Seinfeld!

@MeeseeksAndDestroy made out in the back seat on the way home from watching Scheindler's List
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    Options
    I have a huge celebrity hugging me in my profile pics...

Did you go back and watch her nude scenes in Weeds after that?
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Don't know if this really counts as a celebrity, but I went with my husband to a Mel Tillis concert and then got his autograph afterwards. He hugged me really, really hard.
  • MidModJenn
    MidModJenn Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I think I speak for everyone here when I say....WHO?

Nope, some of us here know who he is! Might be a generational thing. :smiley:
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    MidModJenn wrote: »
    I think I speak for everyone here when I say....WHO?

Nope, some of us here know who he is! Might be a generational thing. :smiley:

some of us might not admit to knowing who he is; it's an age denial thing...... B)
  • EggToni
    EggToni Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    @EggToni wrote: »

I once owned his car.

Hahaha! Seinfeld!

@MeeseeksAndDestroy made out in the back seat on the way home from watching Scheindler's List

He took it out

Ha! HE TOOK IT OUT!