Today I Learned...

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Dont buy the grey leggings!

:D I thought the same thing today as well.

Why?

somewhere a couple days ago there was discussion about grey leggins, and how if you actually work out in them all your crotch sweat stains are obvious, and if you wear them to the gym and things don't get awkward you obviously aint working hard enough.

I think Sir Bacon enlightened all of us, but it was a couple days ago, so I can't remember

That would also be true for pink leggings.
  • cee134
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »
    TIL there is a large chain of Canadian convenience stores called Couche Tard – I have to apologize in advance to my Canadian friends, but to Americans this is absolutely hilarious. I think I'm going to start calling people Couche Tards, And I’d totally wear this on a t-shirt.

This must just be in Quebec- I've never heard of or seen one of these

TIL "Couche Tard" means "Late Night"

4dtpapzvvnuq.png
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    TIL how Canadians are born...
    97fapq5jqfsj.gif

• empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    TIL that despite the fact my job lives and dies by administrative code rules, it doesn't matter if a certain supervisor continues to use the wrong rule so long as he comes to the correct conclusion. :expressionless:
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL it's Space Jam and not Space Jams.
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon album was on the Billboard charts for a total of 741 consecutive weeks from 1973 to 1988.

c5z4v97bas8z.png
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL in the late 1990s, a man studying the underground chambers of the Colosseum found patterns of holes, notches and grooves in the walls. By connecting the dots of the negative space, he discovered that a system of elevators had been used to transport wild animals and scenery to the main floor.

5ecnjf72z4si.jpg
  • princess7955
    princess7955 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    TIL in the late 1990s, a man studying the underground chambers of the Colosseum found patterns of holes, notches and grooves in the walls. By connecting the dots of the negative space, he discovered that a system of elevators had been used to transport wild animals and scenery to the main floor.

5ecnjf72z4si.jpg

now THIS is cool! And actually kind of makes sense if you think about it
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    TIL the expression waiting for the other shoe to drop's origin. This expression alludes to a person awakened by a neighbor who loudly dropped one shoe on the floor and is waiting for the second shoe to be dropped. [ Early 1900s ]
  • empresssue
    Options
    TIL the expression waiting for the other shoe to drop's origin. This expression alludes to a person awakened by a neighbor who loudly dropped one shoe on the floor and is waiting for the second shoe to be dropped. [ Early 1900s ]

I hate when the 2nd shoe drops......
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    empresssue wrote: »

Me too...and unfortunately it has definitely dropped today.
  • empresssue
    Options
    empresssue wrote: »

Me too...and unfortunately it has definitely dropped today.

I'm sorry to hear that. :disappointed:
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    happimess1 wrote: »
    happimess1 wrote: »
    So many australian sex tourists move to Thailand to find happiness. But ironically, this has lead to a scenario where western suicides have become common in Pattaya, with many referring to the mysterious deaths as ‘the Pattaya Flyers club.’

What is a sex tourist?

its people who travel with the sole purpose of having sex with prostitutes. I am surprised you didnt know this giving your sexual vocabulary

Oh I just call myself a tourist. I didn’t know we had a special name!

Often to countries that give them easy access child prostitutes and/or sex slaves who have no choice in the matter (thus perpetuating the demand).
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    kfub0d7sz7xl.jpeg
  • millionsofpeaches1
    millionsofpeaches1 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    TIL that my daughter's hospital bill is $678,000

☹️ hopefully that’s not the amount you have to pay. I’m sorry
  • cee134
    Options
    TIL the Lion's roar from the Metro-Goldwyn logo is actually made from tiger vocalizations, as "lions don't make that kind of ferocious noise and the logo needed to be ferocious and majestic"