I can't gain weight/skinny

I downloaded this app because I'm losing weight quickly and people already mentioning the change.
I have a fast metabolism and have always been able to eat whatever I want but in the past 2 years it has been really difficult for me to keep a healthy weight.
I been having the problem that I lose my appetite and once I'm eating something I get naseous as what I'm eating become tasteless.
Because of this I leave food in the plate and don't get the enough calories I should be getting.
Want to know if someone goes through the same problem
Let me know

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    1. Have you seen a doctor for blood work?
    2. Have you seen a therapist for issues with food?
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    That's not a fast metabolism that's an issue eating food. I would check with a doctor
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »

Thats such BS. EVERYONE can gain weight REAL easy. Its also relatively easy to lose the weight. Trouble is maintaining it.
    To gain weight is very simple. Eat more of calorie dense foods. Magic. Weight comes on.

Having a mental (!) issue with food is not BS. Otherwise, none of gaining/maintaining/losing would be difficult. If I am mentally unable to eat as much up to feeling nauseated by the thought it is a serious problem. Maintaining is calorie wise not harder as anything else, you just have to find your balance. Same with gaining and losing. Maintaining is often mentally hard for people who got used to losing (or gaining) like it is hard to lose if you are used to overeating and hard to gain if your brain does not want you to eat.

• Boobie804
    Boobie804 Posts: 17 Member
    I downloaded this app because I'm losing weight quickly and people already mentioning the change.
    I have a fast metabolism and have always been able to eat whatever I want but in the past 2 years it has been really difficult for me to keep a healthy weight.
    I been having the problem that I lose my appetite and once I'm eating something I get naseous as what I'm eating become tasteless.
    Because of this I leave food in the plate and don't get the enough calories I should be getting.
    Let me know
    Try ensure plus or boost high calorie drink. I m also tiny weighing in at a mighty 101 today. I gain 5 pounds off apetamin. I started at 96 pounds. I know people on the blog say don't use it and it will not help. I tried it and it really does work. It may be right for you since you don't have an appetite. The whole function of apetamin is to give you appetite.

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    See a doctor. Loss of taste and sensation of nausea when eating isn't normal or healthy...

And it's New to you.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    I been having the problem that I lose my appetite and once I'm eating something I get nauseous as what I'm eating become tasteless.
    Let me know

As much as I hate internet diagnosis - this is a strong signal that you need a medical checkup.

Loss of appetite, nausea while eating, loss of taste. Call your primary care physician sooner than later please.
  • mekabr84
    mekabr84 Posts: 5 Member

This is your problem. Just this. If food weren't unappetizing to you, then at least you would be enjoying your food and probably finishing off the plate.

Could you have an allergy to something common? Are you experiencing menopause? A lot of stress? (I lose my appetite when I'm stressed.) It sounds like before this problem you were a healthy skinny.

I am naturally slender/fast metabolism. I love eating and cooking. Just one of those lucky people who doesn't tend to crave junk food. And I generally refuse to eat until the point of discomfort, or to the point that I have to waddle away from the restaurant. Though even that, I do about once every couple weeks. When I have a desk job and a car, I am a "healthy" weight. When I have a job that keeps me on my feet and use public transportation and walking, people start telling me I look too skinny. Have you been getting more exercise, even if just slow-paced walking?

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    OP, please see a doctor asap.