When do you prefer working out?

I used to work out when I got home and my kids would be around. Wanted to be an example to them. This week started working out in the morning. I think I prefer that now. Feel like I get it out of the way.

Replies

• lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    I definitely prefer mornings, after coffee before any food, it's peaceful and helps me deal with whatever the day throws at me.

• jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Late afternoon. I don't like doing anything before noon.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    First thing in the morning
  • yogawithjess2016
    yogawithjess2016 Posts: 5 Member
    First thing in the morning. However I do attend cardio classes in the evenings.
  • aaimar16
    aaimar16 Posts: 3 Member
    Late afternoon
  • DGough_NY
    DGough_NY Posts: 6 Member
    When the kids are in school I love the morning time, because I had time from when they left until work. Ow that's its summer I like right after work. Great Way to De-Stress
  • hannys
    hannys Posts: 86 Member
    First thing in the morning is preferred, but being a SAHM to 4 kids that doesn't always happen. So if we don't make it to the YMCA by 10am, then I use the kids nap time to get on my treadmill and/or do a workout video.
  • ncsubeachgirl
    ncsubeachgirl Posts: 97 Member
    Evening for sure.... never been a morning person. Maybe afternoon when it cools down but never morning lol
  • tabletop_joe
    tabletop_joe Posts: 455 Member
    Before dinner.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    All day long.

I walk as part of my commute.
    I walk at lunch.
    I hike up and down stairs at work during my breaks.
    And then in the evening, my husband and I walk or cycle and/or do some weights and core work.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Whenever it fits and feels good :) I can roll right out of bed and do upper body work so I try to do that in the morning two days a week (usually during the work week.) My lower body workouts always feel better and seem to go better when I've been up and moving about longer so I do one on Saturday or Sunday late morning or afternoon and one on either Tuesday or Wednesday evening, depending on what my family has going on those days.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Immediately after work and before dancing.
  • Dazzler21
    Dazzler21 Posts: 1,249 Member
    Evenings for me, I have too much to do in the morning before work so I made space in my evenings and I won't break routine for anyone!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    I stay active for the most part, aiming to hit at least 10k steps by nightfall, and structured exercise is completed in the morning.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Afternoon or early evening. The only time I exercise in the morning is if there's a race or we're doing a day hike.
  • SiouxsieQue
    SiouxsieQue Posts: 85 Member
    I was an after work person, then forced myself to get it out of the way, first thing in the morning. Best decision ever.
  • holysugarcookies
    holysugarcookies Posts: 7 Member
    Late in the evening. After all jobs done and no one to interrupt. I'm not a morning person so that's a no no for me. In the afternoon I'm usually at work or doing something, it's too hot or someone is constantly calling me. And in ht evening there are no excuses, I'm full of energy and after my workout I shower and go straight to bed.
  • cmanitowabi
    cmanitowabi Posts: 17 Member
    edited July 2017
    Evening after work, dinner, dishes...usually not up early enough to get to the gym and to work on time, except weekends, then i like going in morning to get it done and on with my day