Goals vs Systems

Options
Not a fan of GOALS I realized a lot of people don't meet their goals cause it's a "race" I go I want to.... Reach 250. Until you reach 250 you mentally exist in a fail state. I prefer I have a system in place towards 250. If I do all I'm supposed to do like meet my macros.. go to the gym...get good sleep I know those things are WINS towards my 250

When I reached my goal before, I was happy then.. empty.. what now? Then I put the weight back on. With winning on a daily basis I'm more focused and happier with my progress. So I do have a goal but I never focus on the goal cause it is exhausting to me.

Figured throw a different veiw to see if it can help someone else in their journey.
Keep crushing it MFP!!

Replies

• donleejr85
    donleejr85 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That's great! You on the money! B)
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    To me every loss on the scale is a win, I don't see not having reached my goal yet as failure. I weigh less now than I did at 14 (I'm 35) it's a win! I feel better in myself than I have done in years, also a win. The biggest win? Keeping it off once I reached my ideal that is the ultimate goal. Do I need a system for that? sure that's what the scale and mfp are for they keep me accountable. As you can tell I like to keep a positive spin on things.

It's great to see what works for others though.
  • Longevity100
    Longevity100 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome post!

• KevHex
    KevHex Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get to a healthy bf % then my goal will shift to maintenance. Wins along the way are great but I need to look at the bigger picture.

My primary goal has lots of measurable points along the way, like waist size, quality of life, health indicators, physical exercise, great food choices, daily logging, new running shoes to hit my first 3k, then 5k, then 10k.

Wins are great, but goals are what works for me.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    My attitude is that goals are important, but the journey to that goal needs to be as pleasurable as possible. Plus my goals have shifted so many times (down weight/shape/attitude/endurance) that at times I was not even sure what my goal was. Just liked the way things were going.
    I identified my triggers and found solutions for them and to be honest I am more proud of that than achieving my goal.
  • InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    My attitude is that goals are important, but the journey to that goal needs to be as pleasurable as possible. Plus my goals have shifted so many times (down weight/shape/attitude/endurance) that at times I was not even sure what my goal was. Just liked the way things were going.
    I identified my triggers and found solutions for them and to be honest I am more proud of that than achieving my goal.

Most definitely this! I never really have goals because I'm such a butterfly brain i either forget them or change my mind and want something else. Instead I have a mindset of "this is what I'm doing".

Excellent post!