Sammy's OMAD Path

Replies

• katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    blambo61 wrote: »
    katjustkat wrote: »
    Poor Sammy :( Hate Hate Hate being sick! I used to get sick all the time till my doc told me to take vitamin D3 everyday. Like night and day! Never sick anymore...not like before that's for sure. I hope you feel better soon.

I take vitamin D almost daily and I don't know if it helped (I take other stuff too) but I haven't been sick in a long time which is a miracle for me, especially while trying to run hard.

Bob...it has to be D3....Gosh I sound like I take a lot of stuff but really I don't. I saw such a huge difference in my health, as far as colds and sinus infections, after taking the D3. I don't even take a multiple vitamin but never miss my D3.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    It is D3 that I take.
  • sammygold2015
    sammygold2015 Posts: 630 Member
    Thank you for all the concern. I am on the mend, sort of. I am back at work, but exhausted. My steroids are working wonders but also have not helped my diet in the least. I did look into the elderberries, but the doctor said that I should run the course of my current medication first.

I had a cold awhile back, and I think I just never really got over it, and it moved into my lungs. I have to be better, because I leave for a conference in Dallas on Thursday, and won't be back in town until Saturday. I have to be better.

Thanks everyone for checking in on me!
  • minigrrll
    minigrrll Posts: 1,590 Member
    Oh no, that sounds horrible, hope you are better quickly!
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Happy to hear from you and hope for your continued recovery! <3
  • minigrrll
    How are you feeling?
  • ArizonaToast
    ArizonaToast Posts: 231 Member
    Looks like you had a favorable weigh in recently. :smile: I hope you feel better soon.
  • sammygold2015
    Thank you all

Just got back from my business trip. I think I am also over the pneumonia.

I was off plan, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. It was just too exhausting to explain why I was not eating to my 60 coworkers. So I took some splurge time.

I am scared to death to step on the scale, but I will once I have been back on OMAD awhile.

I did enjoy the social aspect of getting to know my coworkers from different offices, drinking and dancing. So I will not regret putting my OMAD to the side. I jumped right back into OMAD on Sunday and it was very hard. I ended up eating during a window of 4 hours.

Today has been a lot easier, and I bet I'll be right back on track tomorrow.
  • minigrrll
    Glad you had a good time at your conference! They are always hard from a food/drink point of view... And happy you're feeling better... :)
  • katjustkat
    Glad you're feeling better Sammy. OMAD is hard to get back on but dang it's just too good to pass up, ain't it? :p
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    I'm happy that you're feeling better :)
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Glad to hear you're feeling better. I also take Vit D3 plus calcium and kelp. No idea whether any of them work but I've been recovering very quickly from colds.

I'm still not on strict OMAD as I have been eating outside my OMAD time. It's been too hard but I'm planning to stick to it from today.

Good luck with getting back on track today! I'm sure you can do it.
  • sammygold2015
    I am back on track as of yesterday. Feels good. Three days off, is definitely too much. I don't take any vitamins, just because I can't be consistent. It is a personal problem I have always had. I think I have only once in my life taken an antibiotic correctly.

Good Luck on your OMAD @jeanona
  • katjustkat
    Great job getting back on track Sammy. Seems like it's not very challenging for you, good for you! I'm not a very consistent person either with a lot of stuff but man I can't pass up the D3....just is such a blessing!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    I am back on track as of yesterday. Feels good. Three days off, is definitely too much. I don't take any vitamins, just because I can't be consistent. It is a personal problem I have always had. I think I have only once in my life taken an antibiotic correctly.

Good Luck on your OMAD @jeanona

you don't have to be consistent with vitamins like you do with antibiotics. I intentionally don't take vitamins a couple days a week to give myself a bread from them. They are just nutrition.
  • minigrrll
    The only thing I've ever managed to take consistently is turmeric and that's only because my hip hurts if I forget to take it and put on sunscreen before I walk the dogs only because sunburn hurts! I can't even moisturise my face at night consistently (gotta start doing that again!!)...
  • jeanona
    jeanona Posts: 155 Member
    Thanks @sammygold2015. Good luck with you too!

Regarding vitamins, I am not that consistent either but I do try to remember to take them as often as possible. I probably miss out once a week on average.
  • sammygold2015
    July - 12.5 lbs Lost
    August - 3.9 lbs Lost
    September - 4.7 lbs Lost
    October - 2.5 lbs Lost
    November - 3.1 lbs Lost
    December- 1.7 lbs lost

January
    Week 26- 177.6 (-3.8)
    Week 27- No Weigh in
    Week 28- No Weigh in
    Week 29-

Total Lost - 32.2 lbs lost

I know I am doing better and feeling good, I just don't want to step on the scale. It is kind of liberating, not knowing. I'll weigh next week though. I like where I am at in this process. I know I haven't derailed myself. I had a break, which brought me out of the straight and narrow. Getting out of the routine and then diving back would have been un-thought of in past diet schemes. It would have taken me months to get back to a plan once I feel off.

It is a control issue, and I am feeling confident that this way of life is for me. I may not be losing 2 lbs a week, but I am living the way I want to. Which is super important. I don't miss out of anything.

Have a beautiful weekend!
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    edited January 2018
    You got this and I hope you have a beautiful weekend too :)
  • tlblanksfit
    tlblanksfit Posts: 1,573 Member
    That is the best way to live. Getting what you want on your own terms. You are doing great and I know you will do fine.