Broken treadmill, any suggestions for easy workouts

Options
I've lost 10 pounds so far and a big part of that was walking or jogging on my treadmill about 5 times a week, but now its been broken for a couple weeks and my weight hasn't gone down at all, I've been trying aerobic workout videos as a replacement but I see no change in my weight. On days when I'm not able to walk outside, what are other ways to workout ?

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weight loss comes from having a calorie deficit, so I would look into your logging first. Are you logging everything? Weighing your foods on a scale?
  • Iheartrunning36
    Iheartrunning36 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Try elliptical machine at gym, and spinning class at local gym.
  • geltner2
    geltner2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If you have stairs at home, in your apartment building or available elsewhere , running or walking stairs might work for you. No cost at all.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone has some free workouts on YouTube.
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Get out and walk. Recommending what I like to do also. It works!
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Can you not walk or jog outside?
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options

Not if it's in the 100's like it has been here! Some people could do that, but I can barely walk actoss the parking lot in that heat without getting sick.
  • Tygirl2016
    Tygirl2016 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Check out Jessica Smith videos on youtube. Awesome for indoors when the weather is bad.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    Leslie Sansone has some free workouts on YouTube.

This^

Leslie Sansone or Jessica Smith ..... YouTube videos or DVDs (check your local library).

https://www.youtube.com/user/walkathomemedia

https://www.youtube.com/user/jessicasmithtv
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Jog in place, jumping jacks, jumprope,various calisthenics...
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »

Not if it's in the 100's like it has been here! Some people could do that, but I can barely walk actoss the parking lot in that heat without getting sick.

Oh, I get that, but was wondering what the OP's circumstance is.

I have the opposite problem. I broke down and bought myself a treadmill a few years ago because I'm in Canada and the winters sometimes make walking outside a threat to life and limb. ;)
  • sarapollak
    sarapollak Posts: 3 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Thank you everyone who gave feedback!!
  • sarapollak
    sarapollak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »

Oh, I get that, but was wondering what the OP's circumstance is.

I have the opposite problem. I broke down and bought myself a treadmill a few years ago because I'm in Canada and the winters sometimes make walking outside a threat to life and limb. ;)

For me, it isn't weather, but my work hours that get in the way! Most days I don't get home until after 10 and I don't like going out once its dark
  • AngieC1994
    AngieC1994 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    FitnessBlender also has really good free workout videos, all of varying difficulty of cardio and strength training. They're my favorite.