Poached egg vs omelette

I lost weight last year eating omelettes for dinner everyday. I'm sick of them. Could I have a piece of Dave's killer bread and a poached egg instead? Too many carbs at night? Please lmk.

Replies

• geltner2
    geltner2 Posts: 24 Member
    In general, a poached egg should have less calories than an omelette since no butter or oil is involved. Do you know the calories in Dave's killer bread. It sounds fine to me.
  • princeofmind
    princeofmind Posts: 95 Member
    Only calories matter so if its the same or less calories/ still under maintenance you will be fine.
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    rbarnov wrote: »
    Too many carbs at night?

That's not a thing to worry about.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    ccsernica wrote: »
    rbarnov wrote: »
    Too many carbs at night?

That's not a thing to worry about.

Unless you're a diabetic having trouble controlling your fasting glucose.
  • mikefromhaddonfield
    mikefromhaddonfield Posts: 33 Member
    Thanks all
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Toad in a hole!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    You've lost weight because you're burning more calories than you eat, not because of the omelette. Getting bored of a restrictive diet is one of the main reasons people give up. Why not have something that appeals to you, fits your calories and isn't eggs?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    nowine4me wrote: »
    Toad in a hole!

What's Yorkshire pudding with sausages got to do with poached egg and toast?
  • simonemaasie
    simonemaasie Posts: 28 Member
    Just having eggs for dinner? Day in, day out. Maybe change it up with something different.
  • simonemaasie
    Toad in a hole!

It's cutting a hole in a piece of bread and cracking an egg in the hole over a pan. Different road in the hole of what your thinking. It's very nice, especially if you like the yolk runny.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Toad in a hole!

It's cutting a hole in a piece of bread and cracking an egg in the hole over a pan. Different road in the hole of what your thinking. It's very nice, especially if you like the yolk runny.

So "egg in bread"? Haha....id rather have the egg on the toast so there's not a bit missing.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    The egg in the bread hole is called egg in a basket. Toad in the hole is most definitely sausage in yorkshire pudding.

Next let's discuss caramel and carmel.

Kidding.
  • MelanieCN77
    Toad in a hole!

So "egg in bread"? Haha....id rather have the egg on the toast so there's not a bit missing.

You put it on the side to dip with!
  • simonemaasie
    Toad in a hole!

You put it on the side to dip with!

Different parts of the world call it different things.

Where I'm from it's called toad in a hole.

• MelanieCN77
    Well that was kinda my point with the caramel comment.