Restart button

Options
Hi all~ I'm needing to lose 40lbs. I sustained an Achilles' tendon injury about 5 months ago and have been under direct supervision of a doctor since the injury. Recently had an MRI and I got cleared for physical therapy starting next month sometime. I let my self go and I'm taking necessary steps to get back on track with as much motivation I can get! Ahah; new calorie watch, clothes and summer dresses that I can't fit, and new scale. Haha I'd say I'm good at following a diet for a month, then I fall off and get tired of it. Hoping this app will keep me accountable and super motivated with "friends " who are after the same goal. Add me if u wish to follow my journey and hopefully be inspired!!

Replies

• Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Well, it's worked for me, so it can work for you! Best of luck!

Maybe try swimming or water aerobics while your ankle gets stronger.
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I hear you, this is not my first time here! In saying that though even though I do seem to slide backwards every once and a while at least its never quite getting to as bad as I was. I have been back faithfully logging for 3 weeks now and am liking the results! This time I'm trying to be a bit more balanced with my diet - I keep a little room for chocolate every day, and had a cheat/treat meal (I dont really like either of those terms, but it gets my point across) - so hopefully will be more sustainable in the long run :smile:
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    This time, don't go on a diet. Just eat your normal food, but log it, and go from there.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Careful with motivation, it's fleeting. Don't expect to be always perfect and motivated. Changes that feel "natural" to you and not forced and alien to your typical life tend to stick the best and require less motivation, so I agree with @kommodevaran. Start with your normal food and don't change too much too soon. Best of luck!
  • bellefll
    bellefll Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I've spent whol summer recovering from Achilles surgery (tear) and need to lose at least 80 lbs. My Fitness Pal will be my place to start!!