Where to start

I'm new here and completely lost as to where to start.

Little background info:
26 yrs old, have always been on the "smaller side" and found it difficult to gain weight. I could sit here and stuff my face for days on end and hardly gain weight.
Currently 102 lbs and would love to gain 18 pounds to start and gradually increase if possible.

Looking for some guidance on what type of calories I should be putting into my body to achieve my goals.

Replies

• blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Start at the beginning. find a program that you like and see it through to the end, nowadays you can find a program and it give you tips on what to eat.

You should determine what you want: bodybuilder, power lifter, super model

Good luck
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited July 2017
    First off, track your calories. Just because you are 'stuffing your face' doesn't mean you are eating enough. Skinny people overestimate how much they eat (just as fat people underestimate how much they eat). Get in liquid calories like Whole Fat Milk or olive oil, those are easy calories to gain weight. Google your TDEE estimate (amount of calories you must eat to MAINTAIN weight, then eat above that to gain weight). TDEE + 500 calories = +1lb per week. I don't know how tall you are / if you are male or female, but 100lbs is super underweight for most people. I dare say that GOMAD may be applicable to you for a few weeks - Gallon Of Milk A Day. Drink a gallon of whole fat milk a day for immediate weight gain. "To Be A Beast" link at the bottom will explain better.

Secondly, get on a proper lifting program so that you are building muscle and not fat. I recommend starting strength (the variant with chin/pull ups instead of power cleans). Done properly and you will gain weight and strength and size very quickly (i.e. your squat should go up by 60lbs per month, your bench and OHP by 30lbs per month... Imagine doing this for 3 months - you will have at least a 225lbs squat, 135 bench/OHP (if you could maintain increases).

Summary

Read this

and this