Best Tip You Received?

Replies

• purpleychick
    purpleychick Posts: 39 Member
    bee_bee8 wrote: »
    Someone already said it I think, but weigh your food. You'd be surprised how skewed your calorie count can get if you measure things like "1 slice of bread" instead of "27 grams of bread."

Also - don't deprive yourself. Eat what you love (and if you can, find ways to make it healthier like by adding veggies). If you love carbs, eat carbs; don't torture yourself eating only leafy greens if you'd rather die than have a salad. I've had bread and pasta every single day and lost over 40 lbs. As we all know, CICO is king :-)

Wow this really hit home. I have recently purchased a scale, but I kind of just assumed that a slice of bread was a slice of bread and would just scan the barcode for easy logging.

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Eat a little carb and a little protein every time you eat.
    Keep moving.
  • mini141284
    mini141284 Posts: 11 Member
    What doesn't kill you olny makes u stonger
  • fleapowder
    fleapowder Posts: 23 Member
    I have stopped alcohol and I have lost a few more pounds but whats amazing is the way I feel. I hope to keep it up.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Debmal77 wrote: »
    Use a food scale!
    ^^^ This
    Being fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Choose one.
    ^^^ This

and don't let eating over calories some meals/days derail your overall adherence!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ x 1,000,000
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!