Atkins breakfast recipes anyone?

boddy40
boddy40 Posts: 16 Member
Hi all,

I have been on the atkins diet phase 1 for 10 days now. I have lost 7lbs so its working yipee.
The thing is I am sick of havig eggs for breakfast and i am looking for other options. I dont like bacon but love cheese so any ideas will be much appreciated.

Phase 1 is very low carb only 20g a day

Thanks in advance

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    What do you eat for lunch and dinner? Eat more of that! Breakfast doesn't have to be specific foods...
  • classykaren
    classykaren Posts: 106 Member
    I really don't like most breakfast food but I do like Bacon. I use veal patties. delish and low carb. A little expensive but worth it to get a good start in the beginning.
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Sausages?

Are mushrooms compatible?
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Ground turkey with veggies ..turkey bacon ..cottage cheese with a few berries , Atkins shakes .leftover dinners ..cucumber sandwiches ( use cucumber as bread add meat , cheese , cream cheese , bacon whatever in between and chew ) cottage cheese with avocado or tomatoes
  • boddy40
    boddy40 Posts: 16 Member
    Sausages have carbs in all the rusk and only knows what else thats in them, which is a shame cos i love sausages.
    But yes cottage cheese i could do, not sure what to do with ground turkey, make it into burgers maybe? That would be ok. I have had left over dinners for breakfast but its weird eating bolognaise for brekkie lol.
    I dont like shakes for meals as i feel i need real food, but i could get atkins bars.
    Yes mushrooms are ok, I could perhaps get big ones and stuff them.
    Thanks all
  • CattOfTheGarage
    edited July 2017
    You could get some ground pork and spices and make up your own sausage without the rusk.

The sausage texture is a lot to do with the salt and fat content and squishing it around a lot (the opposite to how you treat a burger).
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Bolognese for breakfast is awesome.... Especially with an egg cracked in and "poached" (if you wanted egg..)

In terms of sausages, buy better sausages! You can buy ones without fillers.
  • pippahgte
    pippahgte Posts: 10 Member
    I'm following Atkins/keto eating plan. Heck sausages are super low carb! Around 5g for 2 sausages
  • CattOfTheGarage
    Sausages vary a lot
  • pitbull603
    pitbull603 Posts: 73 Member
    4 eggs, 28g shredded cheddar, 100g tomatoes, 3 strips of bacon.
    Good keto breakfast
    Also pink Himalayan salt!
    Keeps me from getting that foggy feeling..lol
  • TeethOfTheHydra
    TeethOfTheHydra Posts: 63 Member
    Good old ham, egg, and cheese (I know you're sick of eggs, but add some ham or other meat in?). Also, I know you're targeting 20g a day, but if breakfast really matters to you, I'll suggest Hi-Lo cereal with almond milk. A cup of Hi-Lo is 12g net, which, yes is a big chunk of your daily allowance, but like I say, if breakfast matters enough, try it out.