What calories to go by? Fitbit or MFP?

Cloudborn
Cloudborn Posts: 43 Member
Hey guys,
So myfitnesspal is showing me with 919 calories left whilst Fitbit is showing 583 cals. I'm not sure which one to adhere to?

Replies

• smc92079
    smc92079 Posts: 219 Member
    I go by the calories on MFP. I only use the Fitbit to track steps and also my heart rate when I'm doing something more than walking.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    If you have them synced, they will be the same by the end of the day anyway. MFP is trying to correct to Fitbit, but each estimates the rest of the day very differently.

Until that time, following 2 roads to the same destination is frustrating and annoying.

As long as the syncing is working, use MFP for all food related things, Fitbit for all movement related things.
  • Cloudborn
    Cloudborn Posts: 43 Member
    Alright, thanks!
  • PotterMrsMFP
    PotterMrsMFP Posts: 10 Member
    I changed my calorie thing on my Fitbit to the same as what MFP said, I know this will change on MFP as my weight does, I will just keep changing it on my Fitbit
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Fitbit is always accurate for that. I always 'lose' 200ish calories with MFP overnight.
  • jaedwa1
    jaedwa1 Posts: 114 Member
    I use Fitbit for daily calories left since the MFP takes much longer to adjust...I also found eating 20-25% of the exercise calories on MFP keeps me in a good deficit too.