I'm under weight

Options
I'm under weight and trying to gain and maintain the weight. I would love to gain muscle weight. Any tips?

Replies

• JimmyCarterI2T
    JimmyCarterI2T Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    best thing you can do:

1. Lift weights
    2. Have dextrose sugar along with protein powder after lifting said weights (the insulin from the d. sugar helps deliver the protein to your muscles)
    3. Get high quality sleep at night. (you release an insane amount of human growth hormone at night)

if you want more tips, feel free to add me and message me! id love to help:)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    best thing you can do:

1. Lift weights
    2. Have dextrose sugar along with protein powder after lifting said weights (the insulin from the d. sugar helps deliver the protein to your muscles)
    3. Get high quality sleep at night. (you release an insane amount of human growth hormone at night)

if you want more tips, feel free to add me and message me! id love to help:)

Your #2. She's underweight and not a competitive bodybuilder, how much of an advantage do you really think that is going to give her? You didn't even tell her to ensure she's in a surplus. You're missing the forest for the trees there.
  • vishnum0593
    vishnum0593 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I would like to say to you that gaining weight isn't that hard. One of the main reasons why gaining weight is a problem is due to high metabolism. It differs among people. Some people have a slower metabolism and some have a really good and fast metabolism. As for me, I have a very high metabolism and so I tend to have food every 3-4 hours during the day.
    Another reason is of course improper eating habits. If you are a person who does not eat proper or skip meals, then it might lead to weight loss.
    And lastly if you are having weight loss, t could be due to some medical condition. Which I would suggest to get it checked by your doctor.
    For now, it would be best if you have your food on time and also have a lot of fruits and water, so that your stomach does not feel empty during the day. Good luck!