Ted and Derek's Excellent Challenge!!

Options
2»

Replies

• derek1mg
    derek1mg Posts: 17 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The past two weeks have been more difficult than I had imagined. Stress and bad habits are more difficult to manage than I expected.

It is with great sadness that I report that I have lost only 1.8 pounds in this last interval. By a great margin, I do declare Ted the winner of the first weigh in. I will buy my head of broccoli tomorrow as a reminder of my defeat.

I have failed you, my people. It is a cruel world we live in but, this weigh-in is proof that evil sometimes prospers and good does not always win.

The battle is lost but the war is not.

The trophy will be mine!

https://youtu.be/a7jJnwEeiU0
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    To make it a fair and healthy fight, I'll give you both this link:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads

These are the MFP Most Helpful Posts.

With this information, I lost 80 lbs over 12 months, and have kept it all for off over a year and counting.

May the most-well-informed man win!!
  • entropy90
    entropy90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @derek1mg It feels sooooooooo good knowing that this is the first of many victories on my way to complete and total domination of you. I offer you one chance now to back out of this competition. All you must do is bend the knee.....

@Orphia That's great info. I will definitely be adjusting my process a bit.
  • derek1mg
    Options
    https://goo.gl/photos/VbtrGcTxjGxDmoDV9

[Insert Caption Here]

My choice is, "I'm picturing that this is Ted's ugly face."
  • entropy90
    Options
    Careful Derek, wouldn't want you to choke.
  • entropy90
    Options
    So it's been a while since anything has been said here but let it be known that I continue to reign as the king of weight-loss until further notice.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Must not be by much. Not a very loud brag, I see victory for Derek in the very near future.
  • princessbiitch86
    princessbiitch86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Woohooo Go Derek. Can't wait til you get home so I can give your massage ♡♡
  • derek1mg
    Options
    Hey everyone. Just a quick update. Ted has won the first 3 weigh ins and is down 30+ pounds! As he is using a low calorie approach with no exercise, we might assume the plateau is upon him. I have won the last challenge as the thought of eating a 4th head of broccoli sickened me. I'm down about 10 pounds or so, a slow start that should hopefully pickup soon.

There is a slight rule change we must announce. My victory massages will now be given by Ted himself, with the addition of a happy ending. What's odd about that second part is that was actually HIS request. I'm not complaining.

Thanks for the support, all. Can't wait to see less of ourselves in the mirror! And who wouldn't want to see less of Ted?
  • derek1mg
    edited October 2017
    Options
    So Ted is kicking my jiggly butt. Im back up a few pounds and he's down to 205! Great work Ted but I f$@#ing hate you.

I could make excuses for my weight gain but we said from the onset that this challenge was about maintaining goals despite the stressors of life. Its a lesson that I'm finding hard to learn.

So Im setting a personal goal for this interval. 8 pounds. Down to 232. That should be attainable with losing this weekends water weight and Texas brisket.

No more slipping and falling. "This is the last time.." [J. Cole- Chaining Day]

yeoaq1h4fq61.jpg
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    You can do it, Derek. Just start!
  • entropy90
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Lol damn Derek it's okay I spent this last week eating only Taco Bell and whole pints of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream... and I gained a whole pound. See I'm such a nice guy I have you the advantage this week.

But be warned.... I have enacted phase 2 of my genius weight loss strategy... in order to keep up you will have to put aside your childish emotions and abuse your body like Christian Bale in The Mechinist.

23w0hon.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/23w0hon.jpg
  • derek1mg
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You know @entropy90, that just may be the route I have to take. Christian Bale ate a can of tuna and an apple each day to look like that. You cheated all week and gained a pound. I had my most diligent week yet and I GAINED A POUND.

I don't know where I went wrong. I ate the fewest calories yet, lifted weights and played racquetball once or twice a day, drank tons of water, went to bed earlier, forwent the elevator to walk several flights of stairs every day, went hiking and still gained weight. I've had a few beers along the way but, not enough to warrant this setback.

My only hope is that my secret ace-in-the-hole begets some benefits, although it is currently a detriment on my mental state. I'm out of ideas. Guess it's bumblebee and red delicious for me.

https://media.giphy.com/media/ZeP3leqiAGHK/giphy.gif
  • derek1mg
    Options
    So Ted and I both failed miserably this week. We are currently working on a side bet of drastic humiliation proportions as an incentive. We are narrowing down ideas but we are open to suggestions.
  • derek1mg
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Ok although Ted won this week's challenge, we both were winners this time. Ted lost 11.2 pounds since last weigh in and I've lost 10.4!!!

Ted would like the official record to note that he was very constipated and could not poop prior to weigh in. So it has now been confirmed... Ted is full of *kitten*.

In two more weeks, we will have a weigh in that will determine the winner of our side bet. Ted is ahead by poundage but also since his starting weight is lower (215.2 as opposed to my 244.4), he is even more at an advantage. In order to win, my weight loss has to be 1.14 times his plus 2.32 pounds (trust me, Im an engineer). That's [D > 1.14T + 2.32] If Ted loses 2, I have to lose 4.6, he loses 5, I lose 8 and if he loses 10, I need to lose 13.7

And as I'm sure you all know, Thanksgiving is 4 days before the next weigh in. Our resolve will surely be tested!!

I'm sure you're all on edge as to what the wager actually is. Well, as Ted and I have a long history of watching The Simpsons together, I thought this was most fitting... The loser does lawn work for the winner in a dress!!! It doesn't get much more embarrassing than that :) Pictures to follow :smile:
    c3mni8eij3t7.jpg
    0txfhapzqdrp.jpg
  • entropy90
    Options
    Quick update: I'm still winning. That is all.
  • derek1mg
    Options
    *in a Michael Buffer-esque MC voice*

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE OUR SIDE BET WINNNNEEERRR!!!!!

The contestants fought valorously to the very end but as the Highlander says, "There can only be one."
    A combined total of 31.6 pounds was lost in 4 weeks by these two warriors despite Thanksgiving, NFL tailgating, parties and more. I couldn't be more proud of these two and both are winners in my book.....

HOWEVER!
    One of these two gentlemen will have to get down with their feminine side.
    One has his thumbs up and the other has a green thumb.
    Who will have to suffer this New York winter landscaping for his opponent in a slinky dress?
    Are you ready to find out which one?!

*audience cheers and screams, "Yeah!"*

Innnnnnn the Black corner, with a total weight loss of 14.2 pounds in 4 weeks, 6.6% of his total mass, give it up for TED!

*audience cheers again, albeit reluctantly*

Innnnnnn the Red corner, with a total weight loss of 17.4 pounds in 4 weeks, 7.1% of his total mass, please join me in congratulating, the winner, the greatest, Derek "The Man" ** ROHRBACHER!!!!

*audience cheers in a bold crescendo during the announcement from a dull roar to absolute bedlam, riots break out, fanfare throughout the world and hope is restored to all humanity....probably*

*as Derek*
    "This is truly a great honor and I am proud of the accomplishments we both achieved. We saw a setback in our goals and decided to make a change. We both showed tremendous follow through and we're making great progress. And as much as the very image is sure to scar me forever, I can't wait to post pictures of Ted in a dress" :)

That's all for now folks but as you know, the battle rages on! Tune in next time for another exciting episode of
    TED AND DEREK'S EXCELLENT CHALLENGE

** Derek "The Man" Rohrbacher is a self appointed title spawned several years ago and has nothing to do with the orientation, gender identification of either of the opponents or the fact Ted has to wear a dress.
  • entropy90
    Options
    Congratulations... and you're welcome for giving you that gift. Don't expect anything but cut throat competition from this point on... also I look great in a dress.
  • corinasue1143
    Options
    Pictures, or it didn't happen.