Maintainers weekly Check-in August 2017

Options

Replies

• girlgroves
    girlgroves Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Struggles/successes of the week: Really hard week. Found out Wednesday from the biopsy that something is wrong with my own liver so I can't be a donor.

Oh no - I'm so sorry Ingrid - I could tell you really wanted to be able to donate. Please don't beat yourself up about it - it can't be helped. I really hope your own liver issue isn't anything too serious. Take care
  • girlgroves
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    girlgroves wrote: »
    I'm not formally checking in until Friday, but my first weigh-in since before the hols put me at 6lbs more yesterday than before I went away. I know this is mostly water-weight (I was already 1.4lbs lower by this morning), but WOW!?

Needless to say, I'm back on it!

I swear that 6 is the magic water weight number!!

I'm hoping you're right :)
  • girlgroves
    Options
    Name: Mandy
    Total Weight lost: 4 stone (56lbs)
    Height: 5ft 6in
    Time it took to lose: 16 months
    How long in maintenance: 1 year 2 months
    Maintenance weight range: 137 - 140lbs (lowered from 142lbs in June)

Average weight recorded for January: 141.9lbs
    Average weight recorded for February: 141.2lbs
    Average weight recorded for March: 141.2lbs
    Average weight recorded for April: 140.8lbs
    Average weight recorded for May: 141.7lbs
    Average weight recorded for June: 139.7lbs
    Average weight recorded for July: 139.8lbs

Week of (I weigh for the record on Fridays)...:
    28th July (for ref): 140.4lbs
    4th August: hols!
    11th August: hols!
    25th August: 146.6lbs - WOW!

Successes/struggles of the week: Well, I've not made much of a dent in the increase from hols this week - but I'm slowly getting back into it. Last night's celebration meal for my daughters exam results didn't help this morning's weigh-in though! You all seem to have been doing really well this month!
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Just coming back from dropping Iain off at college. Parents got to eat "free" in the dining hall. You remember college cafs, right? The place where some of us gained the Freshman FifTY? Waffle bar, take out bar, taco bar, Asian bar, Panini bar, cookie bar, ice cream bar. Etc etc. I visited the salad bar and found some grilled chicken for protein. I waited for dessert and got Halo Top on the way home. Headed to a party in a bit.

I was up at 4am to get on the elliptical and treadmill, so have some cals available, though really really unsure how many. I hate so much that I can no longer trust my net cals. I really liked that system. *sniffles*
  • nichell88
    nichell88 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Name: Nichell
    Height: 5'6
    Total Weight lost: ~50lbs
    Time it took to lose: 5.5 months
    How long in maintenance: about 14 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 150-155lbs

Average weight recorded from February: 182.4
    Average weight recorded from March: 173.5
    Average weight recorded from April: 164.5
    Average weight recorded from May: 156.4
    Average weight recorded from June: 152.3
    Average weight recorded from July: 150.35

Week of...
    7th of August: 151.1, trend 149.4
    14th of August: 152.3, trend 149.9
    21st of August: 148.5, trend 150.4
    28th of August:

Notes: so I've actually already checked in this week, but I've decided that I'm going to move my weigh in from Monday's to Friday. I was messing with my head and setting myself up for failure because I've recently begun to loosen up with my eating on the weekends, and I'm always carrying over carb water-weight on Monday because of it. I think that even though it's probably not relavent in terms of accuracy, it's better for my psyche to weigh in before the weekend. So here's to starting new trends
  • jemalme
    jemalme Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @CoachJen71 Finding a passion or hobby is a great idea to get out of thinking about food and exercise all the time! I have been decluttering my house for several months now - basement, kitchen, closets, garage. I have had 2 yard sales so far and donated boxes to Goodwill. It is a good feeling! Good luck with learning sign language.
  • girlgroves
    Options
    nichell88 wrote: »

Notes: so I've actually already checked in this week, but I've decided that I'm going to move my weigh in from Monday's to Friday. I was messing with my head and setting myself up for failure because I've recently begun to loosen up with my eating on the weekends, and I'm always carrying over carb water-weight on Monday because of it. I think that even though it's probably not relavent in terms of accuracy, it's better for my psyche to weigh in before the weekend. So here's to starting new trends

This is exactly why I weigh for the record on a Friday - I always weigh my heaviest of the week on a Monday! Hope the new trend helps.
  • CoachJen71
    Options
    girlgroves wrote: »

This is exactly why I weigh for the record on a Friday - I always weigh my heaviest of the week on a Monday! Hope the new trend helps.

Ditto!!

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I am overdue to check in. I'm at 134 right now, so just above goal range (128-133). Working on that ...

Again overdue and while I've gone up and down a bit, I'm right back at 134 today. I did well my first few months at maintenance (Mar-May) but weight has crept up since then.

I've struggled with a deficit for the past month or so. I decided to take an intentional diet break for one week, just eating at maintenance and focusing on recomp, and then get back to a deficit until I'm closer to 131 (just so I have a little wiggle room within goal range).
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Name: Chris
    Height: 5'4"
    Total Weight lost: 54
    Time it took to lose: 1.5 years to reach original goal of 150, 5 months to new goal of 145
    How long in maintenance: 3 months
    Maintenance weight range: 137-140

Average weight recorded from January:153.8
    Average weight recorded from February: 151.3
    Average weight recorded from March: 145.8
    Average weight recorded from April: 145.1
    Average weight recorded from May: 142.6
    Average weight recorded from June: 140.5
    Average weight recorded from July: 141.5

Week of...
    7th August: 139.8
    14th August: 140.4
    21st August: 142.6
    28th August:139.4

Struggles: Dealing with tremendous work related stresses the past 2 weeks resulted in taking comfort in friends who plied me with food and drink. I could have/should have refused but lost my resolve. Said stresses also resulted in lack of sleep, some nights only 4 hours.. The domino effect of this was lack of energy for exercise. My Fitbit conked out,working too hard? Was without one for a few days and missed seeing those numbers.
    Successes: I did not allow indulgences to spiral out of control, the next day ate at deficit although did not get enough exercise. This resulted in getting back into maintenance range by today...Happy dance! During this 2 week period my trending weight never went above 141 so technically I was still in my maintenance range. I am learning that a gain of 2-3 lbs. after going off the rails will come off just as quickly as long as I get back to the plan immediately. Constant vigilance. I will be going on vacation on Wednesday and will take my KettleBells and scale.
  • CoachJen71
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Name: Chris
    I am learning that a gain of 2-3 lbs. after going off the rails will come off just as quickly as long as I get back to the plan immediately. Constant vigilance. I will be going on vacation on Wednesday and will take my KettleBells and scale.

Chris, I am right there on the stress train with you. Had a major eat and chase my fork day yesterday, to the tune of 30K steps. And I wonder why my house is a mess, my school work unprepared, and my body is so skinny fat!

I am also starting to learn those weight stability lessons, but I haven't learned to trust them or myself yet. Or to let go of food as an emotional crutch.

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Name: Catherine
    Height: 5' 4.5"
    Total Weight lost: 44 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 9 months
    How long in maintenance: 3.5 yrs
    Maintenance weight range: 138 - 144 lbs

Average weight recorded from August: 139.6
    Average weight recorded from July: 138.8
    Average weight recorded from June: 140.9
    Average weight recorded from May: 139.6
    Average weight recorded from April: 139.4
    Average weight recorded from March: 139.08
    Average weight recorded from February: 139.6
    Average weight recorded from January: 140.4

Week of...
    5th August: 138.2
    12th August: 138.0
    19th August: on vacation
    26th August: 142.8

Success/Struggles of the week
    Struggles
    I was on vacation ..... I struggled to resist Devon Clotted Cream Ice Cream!! I logged nothing and drank gin!! Joking apart, knee pain stopped me running the first week. I managed to get a whole 12 miles of running in during the second week. No strength training - and I can see the impact on my body - flabbiness is back in a truly marshmallow sort I'd way.
    Successes
    Not gaining more than 4lbs over two weeks ....
    I experimented with not logging, which coincided with eating out more. I'm surprised I didn't gain more!! The good news is that the weight gain is already beginning to disappear.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Name:Fidan
    Height: 171cm
    Total Weight lost: 48kg
    Time it took to lose: 1 year
    How long in maintenance: 1 year 2 months
    Maintenance weight range: 73.3kg and below

Average weight recorded from January: 72.8kg
    Average weight recorded from February: 72.3kg
    Average weight recorded from March: 72.7kg
    Average weight recorded from April:72.5kg
    Average weight recorded from May:72.7kg
    Average weight recorded from June: 74kg
    Average weight recorded from July: 73.9kg

Week of...
    7th August: ???
    14th August:73.8kg
    21st August: ???
    28th August:???

Success/struggles of the week: I haven't been able to weigh-in for 2 weeks and most probably will not be able to next week either. Although, I am not sure what the numbers on the scale might be, I feel positive. I've been keeping as active as possible and making as sensible choices with regards to food and drink as possible. My clothes fit fine if not better. The mirror is my friend. And I'm generally in a good mood and not bothered about what the scale may show me when I get back.

I'm not home in time for next weeks weigh-in either. So I don't know whether I'll be able to get weighed. Nevertheless, I'll be posting the September thead. Once I get back I'll be joining you all. It feels like I'm missing out on the fun.

I wanted to add one thing. Even though I wasn't very active on here this month, this thread kept me in check when making food choices. Knowing that in the end I'll be jumping on the scale and it won't lie- then I'll be reporting it back on here, hence I felt/ I'm feeling accountable for my choices.
  • stephenearllucas
    stephenearllucas Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Name: Stephen
    Height: 6'2"
    Total Weight lost: 78 lbs.
    Time it took to lose: 12 months
    How long in maintenance: 8 months
    Maintenance weight range: 180-185 lbs.

January: 184.7 lbs.
    February: 182.7 lbs.
    March: 182.5 lbs.
    April: 183.1 lbs.
    May: 182.4 lbs.
    June: 181.4 lbs.
    July: 182.7 lbs.

Week of...
    7th August: 184.3 lbs.
    14th August: 184.2 lbs.
    21st August: 183.5 lbs.
    28th August: 183.3 lbs.
  • jemalme
    jemalme Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Name: Jennifer
    Height: 5'4"
    Total Weight lost: 43
    Time it took to lose: 8 months
    How long in maintenance: 5 months
    Maintenance weight range: 134 to 137

Average weight recorded from January: 140
    Average weight recorded from February: 139
    Average weight recorded from March: 135
    Average weight recorded from April: 134
    Average weight recorded from May: 134
    Average weight recorded from June: 135
    Average weight recorded from July: 136

Week of...
    7th August: 135.6
    14th August: 137
    21st August: 136.8
    28th August: 135.4

Success/struggles of the week: Pretty pleased with this past week. I stayed faithful to tracking, which I think has made the difference! I still struggle with the temptation to drink wine (I do work in a winery which compounds the temptation). Cutting back is going to take sheer willpower and dedication. No one can do it for me! I need to find a way to fill my evenings with something other than wine, snacks, and tv. Work in progress...
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,972 Member
    Options
    Name: Kathryn
    Height: 5'3.5"
    Total Weight lost: ~70 lbs (I dropped about 10 lbs below original goal)
    Time it took to lose: 10 months (to original goal of 135)
    How long in maintenance: I called maintenance in July 2016, but I have continued to slowly lose so I'm not really sure.
    Maintenance weight range: 120 - 125 lbs

Average weight recorded from January: 127.1
    Average weight recorded from February: 126.5
    Average weight recorded from March: 126.2
    Average weight recorded from April: 124.9
    Average weight recorded from May: 124.9
    Average weight recorded from June: 122.8
    Average weight recorded from July: 122.1

Week of...
    7th August: 122.2 scale/ 122.1 trend
    14th August: 122.2 scale/122.3 trend
    21st August: 122.4 scale/123.0 trend
    28th August: 121.4 scale/122.4 trend

Success/struggles of the week: I am pretty pleased this week. I was expecting to be up but I was actually down a little from last week. Last week I had the anniversary indulgences and this weekend was my Dad's 80th birthday and my kids were in so there was lots of eating out and more alcohol and desserts. My daughter wanted me to make chicken fried steak. I hardly ever make it, not only is it a pretty high calorie meal, it is messy and takes more time so it is definitely a special occasion meal. I haven't actually made it since I started on mfp mostly because for just me and my husband it is too much work. It is also a meal that is very easy for me to over eat. I was pretty pleased with myself that I was able to eat moderate portions (and they were enough). I actually stayed within my calorie goal that day. I logged as best as I could on Saturday, but didn't weight anything. My log showed over 600 calories over goal. I did try to pay attention to what I was eating, but there was alcohol and birthday cake etc and I did indulge. I feel successful though because there will always be some events when you will over eat. You just have to pay attention and not let that kind of eating become the norm again. It was also nice because one of my brothers in law gave me a hug and picked me up off my feet. I've never really been the kind of girl you could pick up like that.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'8"

Total Initial WT lost: 36# (196 to 160#)
    Time it took to lose: 7 months; May 15-Dec 9, 2016
    How long in maintenance: 8 months; Dec 9, 2016 - Aug 31, 2017

Maintenance Goal Weight: 158
    Maintenance WT Range Goal: 155-160
    CPD Goal (TDEE)=1900; CPD=Calories Per Day

Average WT/CPD in December: 159.7/1915
    Average WT/CPD in January: 159.8/1854
    Average WT/CPD in February: 158.7/1835
    Average WT/CPD in March: 158.6/1847
    Average WT/CPD in April: 158.5/1924
    Average WT/CPD in May: 157.8/1887
    Average WT/CPD in June: 157.5/2033
    Average WT/CPD in July: 158.0/2101
    Average WT/CPD in August: 158.4/2063

Aug actual WT range (min/max) to date: 156.8-159.9
    Aug actual CPD range (min/max) to date: 1485-2542

7-Day Moving Average WT/CPD as of:

Aug 07: 157.6
    Aug 14: 158.1
    Aug 21: 159.4
    Aug 28: 158.4

Comments:

No problems but still playing around w/cal intake.

Due to slight weight loss in May & June at 1900 cal/day, raised cal/day in increments of 100 in July & Aug from 1900-2100. Wt peaked at just under 160# (my upper limit) in mid-Aug. Cut back to 1900 again and weight dropped back almost immediately. Weight very sensitive to minor cal changes. Expect a slight drop again at 1900 and will try to stabilize between 1900-2000.

• bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Name: Bring back the joy
    Height: 5'6"
    Total weight lost: 36 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 5 months
    How long in maintenance: 2 months
    HW:148
    SW: 113.4
    August Goal weight: 113-118-I have a trip this month for two weeks so I am hoping that with my buffer I can be within my maintenance range again by the end of the month

Start of Jan: 148 lbs
    Start of Feb: 139 lbs
    Start of March: 133
    Start of Apr-127.2
    Start of May: 122.6
    Start of June-115.0-GOAL
    start of July- average of 115 as I had a crazy 4th of July trip
    Start of august-115
    Aug 1-113.4/ 112.4 by trend
    Aug 8-110.2/ 111.6 by trend
    Aug 14-Vacation
    Aug 21-Vacation
    Aug 28-112.9
    Struggles: I did not really have any struggle in as much as I ate and drank as much as I wanted, though rarely too much.
    Successes: My plan about giving myself a buffer of a few lbs under weight was good for my psyche though I think that at the beginning of the trip I was really to thin. I will have to take that into consideration next time.
    Upcoming week plan: It's back to cold beans and porridge, as my grandma says. So far, good. We are doing a dry week and liquid breakfasts and dinners just to shock our bodies out of the excess that was the holidays. I began race training for my first half marathon today so I have to get my head in the game. I am glad to get back on with it, if I am honest. Who would have thought.