WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Replies

• PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Michelle in NC: Yes, Green Bay does still own the Packers. They have bought up a lot of land all around Lambeau Field and are putting in a nice park and some new hotels and breweries right now. It'll be really nice when they are done. I actually only live about a mile from the stadium in Green Bay.

Becca Hugs to you. It's terrible to miss your kids! Leaves such a void that nobody else can fill. I'll send him a card!

Felicia Congratulations!

DJ:
    I live in Green Bay. The Packers don't play any of their games in Milwaukee anymore. I remember when they used to though! I'm not sure how many years it has been since they stopped...

Have a good evening everyone. I'm headed off to bed so I can get up early and enjoy my last day of vacation from work. UGH...

Tracie in WI
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Dorrie, I already live your man. It's so sweet that he wants your family to know that he is not heir substitute and that you need all of them. Your children are very protective of you. Love enough for all of you. Good luck with your procedure. Good thing is you won't feel it or remember it all. Hoping for normal results. Mine is next month.

My SIL that had the lap band did wonderful with her recovery and weight loss until she divorced then it went all downhill between dress ion and 'no money for supplements' she went downhill fast and almost died. I don't think Karen even knows what she wNts in life. Charlie had 2 brothers and one sister. His Mom had 6 matti ages, most from men she met as a patient in the State Hospital, his brother right younger then him 2 marriages and has a wonderful life. His first marriage they both had their respective tubes tied to make sure of no children, the next brother had 4 matti ages and finally got it right. His sister had 6 marriages. His Dad had 2 marriages. He married his 2nd wife on the kids Mom and his wedding anniversary so he wouldn't forget what the next one was! So I am happy that even though marriage isn't easy, we will have our 45th anniversary this year. I really think my own parents and how all of us have turned out has he the biggest influence on him. He says he has never met a couple like my parents and is honored to have been their SIL for so many years. His family is just a mess.

We met on our first day of orientation at our new job. He worked in the pharmacy and I was an RN. The first day was a hospital orientation then you went to your departments for theirs. The reason I started when I did was that I had flunked the last seester of nursing school and had to retake it the fall semester. Our nursing school,was called a diploma degree schoo. They aren't in existence anymore. Pretty much your wholes nester was that rotation. There were a coup,e of small classes. The rotation was OB. Horrible. I was the only student in the history of the school, that flunked a class and came back to retake it! So I started work on November instead of June. Well Charlie was just getting out of the Navy then and got a job the same hospital. I really feel like God had a hand in me flunking that class and finishing in Novmber. We started dating in Feb, engaged in April, married in Sept.

Becca, what I first noticed in the picture was your beautiful full hair. My Dd always said a full behind was all the more to hold not when he hugged her. And he hugged her very often. All of us were raised seeing that. I think I was the only one not to successfully have it my own home but my daughter saw her grandparents love each other that way and much of their marriage and committment to each other gas been based on what she saw n them.

Hugs to Allie as usual. Does your granddaughter know and understand everything that is going on? I would hate for him to go off on you while she is there.

Joyce, Indiana where Charlie is falling in love with Mr Mozart more and more every day. You know he plays fetch. Well I'm not a good pitch so he is beginning to realize he gets a better throw if he drops his wadded up paper at Cgarlie feet. Also he lives to play with his hands when they tremor. Charlie loves it!
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    (((((((Becca)))))))) You're in great company - Beyonce, JLo and many of us here <3

DJ I feel for you and the problems with your DD. I had the same type of thing happen with my son - the boy's dad. He came to visit for 2 weeks and ended up staying for 2yrs. He and I just don't see eye to eye and the constant stress changed me. I hope for your sake that your DD is able to move out and move on before any harm comes to your relationship with your DH.

Today I decided to take charge of my nutrition again. I've been coasting for a long time - just couldn't seem to get myself in a place to really care. For some reason today was the day. Perhaps because yesterday I bought protein powder and almond milk, and had the Y lined up for today. So for lunch I had Taylor Farms Sweet Kale Salad and a chocolate banana protein shake. I didn't swim today because we got away late from home and there is only a 2 hr window of open swim time so I went into the gym and tried to figure out some of the machines - of course no one from the Y was there to help - ugh - but I signed up for a three session orientation. I did use the seated stepper which I also use at PT. Speaking of which I'd better get off and get my exercises in.

See you tomorrow (actually today) B)

Gloria in WA where I harvested my first yellow neck squash and a 10" zucchini - whoohoo!!!
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    PIP ~ I like your hair long and short. I like your DH's short...it makes him look younger.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited August 2017
    Lanette: I'm in love with Rosie! What a cutie. I have only met salt and pepper colored schnauzers so Rosie is that much more special in my eyes.

Pip: you look great with short and long hair- I'm partial to the long ( I look awful with short hair, it adds 10 or 20 pounds to my face visually IMO) but you look good with both. My vote would be for long hair, but my bias is showing, lol.

Rye in Texas - off to swim now! Wishing one and all a safe, productive, and fun Friday!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Sad day my friend emailed me to say her son died this morning, can't imagine the heartbreak of losing a child, please pray for her

Kate UK
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Kate - Prayers for your friend and her family. How tragic!

Allie - You are so kind and helpful! I love that you are able to help others and in turn you receive some funds to buy the things you need. How lucky your brother is to have you to help out when they need it (and to also get a much needed break for themselves).

Dorrie - I hope your step-brother is improving. Prayers continue.

Heather - I am loving all your photos!

My friend arrived and we are having a great time. We have 4 or 5 others coming over this evening from the neighborhood for cocktails on the patio, our patio therapy. I got up this morning and did my walk. I saw she was up when I was doing my cool down and I heard her leave while I was in the shower. She has either gone for a run or run away. :) . She is happy to eat how I am while she is here. She said she really needs to get back to eating healthy, but she has been stress eating on all the wrong things. She has done it before (like I have) and knows what she needs to do, but you have to hit that magical place that puts you in the right frame of mind to get back to it. She said she hopes eating low cal meals while she is here will inspire her to restart her own plan. The smoked chicken tacos were a hit. The scale was kind to me this morning and I have finally dropped below where I have been ping ponging up and down from since July 10th.

Have a great Friday ladies! I'm going to enjoy being off work and having my friend here!

Okie in Central Texas
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,326 Member
    Becca - very true what Gloria said - Kim Kardashian has us all beat in the "caboose" department, lol. And I too love your hair! I am jealous, mine is a ball of frizz! :s

Pip, I think you look great long or short hair. Dazzling smile no matter what! Makes a person suspicious, LOL. >:)

Allie - you are such a caring soul ((((HUGS)))). What goes around comes around as my DH says.... the more Tom stalls, the more the universe will hand it back to him. So sorry you are going through this. Great to see you in the "moving on" mode. <3

Interesting comments about the old folks at the gym. I've noticed that as well - there are classes the younger folks take, but most of the machines are taken up by the seniors - a benefit, I'm sure, of the Silver Sneakers membership some of the Medicare supplements pay for. It will be interesting to see how it goes when the physical therapist takes me to the gym next door. I like doing my weights at home because I can get them done on my schedule.

Cool and foggy morning - weatherman says the smoke should be cleared out by noon.

Happy Friday!!

Lanette
    SW WA State

• Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Kate UK ~ So sorry about your friend's son. My husband's sister died at an early age (30's) and his parents never really got over it.

Oakie ~ Glad you and your friend are having a great visit.

Heather ~ Love what you are sharing about your cruise and visits to new places.

Pom is ready for his morning walk but still hopping on 3 legs. We are giving him a pain medication but it doesn't seem to be helping very much. Will hear from the vet today to see if blood test reveals a low thyroid reading. If so, he will be given medicine for that. If not, it is indicated from other symptoms that he may have Cushing's disease. The test for that is very expensive so I don't think we will go further with testing. Just treat the symptoms as best we can.

Carol in GA

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Morning and happy Friday folks. NYKAREN
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,520 Member
    spikeyhair wrote: »
    Sad day my friend emailed me to say her son died this morning, can't imagine the heartbreak of losing a child, please pray for her

Kate UK

Wow red, so sorry to hear,
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,045 Member
    Kate prayers for friend. Two of my cousins lost children at young ages due to accidents. :heartbreak:
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Kate, so sorry to hear of your friend's loss. So hard. Sending warm thots for all.

Janetr okc
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Peach, hope your Pom begins to heal and is able to put weight on his leg. (((Hugs)))

Janetr okc
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Kate, I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's son. Parents should never outlive their children. I can think of nothing more heartbreaking. I will add her to my prayers.