Where are my hikers at?!

So I'm not a huge fan of the gym but I do love getting out on the trails. What was your most recent hike everybody? Mine today Picacho Peak in Santa Fe, New Mexico. 1,400 feet elevation (starting at 7,000 feet) and about 4 miles round trip. Nothing too long and exciting but I'm slowly getting stronger every day! :D

Replies

• WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Wow nice work!! Since we are in Florida at the moment and I hike with my two black dogs we are just doing short hikes due to the insane heat, but I grew up in the mountains and have hiked my whole life, including backpacking. Once it cools off we will take it further here!
  • crackpotbaby
    crackpotbaby Posts: 1,297 Member
    ^ did a nice little walk (6km ish) yesterday, in the Lamington National Park, Qld, Australia :)
  • MsMaeFlowers
    MsMaeFlowers Posts: 261 Member
    Just finished hiking Cape Scott a couple weekends ago. Was amazing and I already can't wait to go again next summer, and hopefully it will be faster.

• BestHolly29
    BestHolly29 Posts: 13 Member
    Just did Dale Ball! 4.5 miles, 65 stories, 1,200 calories, 30 minute mile pace. It's was rough in the heat!
  • BestHolly29
    I am so jealous of everyone who can just go for a hike in the mountains whenever they want. I'm in an urban, very flat city. I love hiking, but can only really do it when I'm on vacation. The local forest preserves here are...eh...no substitute to put it lightly.

But, when I do get out of town, my favorite places to hike are the North Cascades, Canadian Rockies, and Door County, Wisconsin!

I know the feeling. I spent most of my life in the city and I have never been happier since I moved up into the mountains. I'm a travel nurse, so only got a few more weeks here. Got to make the most of it!
  • BestHolly29
    lizery wrote: »
    t29gnscd1yne.jpg
    zbfdoyfe5lw6.jpg
    yiew9zndzjs1.jpg

This place looks amazing!!!
  • MargieBettschen
    MargieBettschen Posts: 6 Member
    At 59, getting back in shape has been very challenging. But I do love hiking and it's helping me get back into shape! I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and have recently moved to the East Bay. My hiking bestie Kait and I been exploring the all the wonderful hiking trails here. 25lbs down!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Love hiking and backpacking. Just don't do it much anymore.

Not as enjoyable as b4 because I prefer solitude on the trail and there just seem to be too many people on the trails now, just like there are too many cars on the roads.

The truly remote locations that I love best are just too far away. Will see if I can make time for a true wilderness trek sometime b4 winter.
  • Agilitymom134
    Agilitymom134 Posts: 1 Member
    Florida girl, I love hiking with my dogs, but too hot in the summer. Looking forward to cooler weather, I will be out on the trails again.
  • WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Florida girl, I love hiking with my dogs, but too hot in the summer. Looking forward to cooler weather, I will be out on the trails again.

Sounds like we are in the same boat :( does the Agility in your username stand for dog agility?!
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    White Mountains, NH ❤
  • BestHolly29
    fs1qg2h88pfk.jpg
    njpaor6il5zk.jpg
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,675 Member
    We just got home from a couple of days camped at a state park in northern PA, Promised Land. I did a 10 mile hike yesterday, and a 7.7 mile trail run there the day before. The two days before that were an attempt to backpack the Pinchot Trail, but the trail was in such bad shape we gave up after only 10 miles. My husband especially does not enjoy tripping over rocks he can't see because the brush has completely buried the trail. I don't much enjoy listening to him complain about said overgrown trail. The state park was in much better shape, for the most part.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    love this!