Replies

• AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Sounds so good!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Are you mixing these all together or just eating them in the same meal time?
    It seems pretty bland. Any reason you are avoiding herbs and spices? They don't add many calories.

158 calories is low for a meal for me. Sometimes I have a pretty light breakfast if I am going to eat a higher calorie lunch or dinner though. I would probably have a whole egg instead of lots of egg whites as the yolk is the tasty part to me.

• Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I have two low cal meals that are easy and fill me up.

This one is about 110 calories plus the calories for the chicken you add. So if you're looking for a 158 calorie meal, add 48 calories worth of chicken (about 40 grams):
    2 cups shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix (40 cal)
    1 bag konjac noodles, rinsed well and dry fried (0-20 cal depending on source)
    1 laughing cow cheese wedge (35 cal)
    1 T parmesan cheese (20 cal)
    1/3 cup chicken broth (5ish cal)
    salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder, cayenne to taste (negligible cal)
    1-2 tsp coconut aminos (5-10 cal)
    diced or shredded cooked chicken in the amount you choose

Cook the cabbage in the broth until tender. Add all other ingredients and stir together until cheese is melted.

The second recipe is about 120 calories plus the chicken or salmon calories.

1 tsp coconut oil (39 cal)
    1 bag konjac noodles, rinsed and dry fried (0-20)
    2 T pressed peanut flour (50 depending on brand)
    2 T soy sauce (20)
    1/2 T fresh lime juice (2)
    dash of hot sauce (0)
    cooked chicken or a pouch/can of salmon - optional
    garnish with cilantro

Heat the oil in a pan on medium heat and toss the noodles in the oil for a minute or two. Add the other ingredients and toss until combined.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Yeah....no thanks. But let me tell you, sometimes, I have weird combinations of things to eek out those last few calories at the end of the day- or when I am trying to eat one last time before hitting the grocery store >.< "Kitchen sink" quiches or smoothies are not uncommon here lmao
  • xOlaf
    xOlaf Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe, much appreciated.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have 2 eggs if I needed a 'meal' that small. But really that's a snack amount of calories so I'll just be here with my 133 kcal chocolate flake ;)
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    manwaffles wrote: »
    Not 4 TBs, 4 and a HALF.
    You've somehow found the intersection of weirdly random and oddly specific.

I would love to see someone measuring egg whites with a tablespoon. And a half.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    cdkelly wrote: »
    I'd rather eat 5 of my homemade turkey meatballs that equals 168 calories.

Only 168 callfor five meatballs? Are they the size of grapes?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't necessarily call it a "meal", but...I like to make a coffee smoothie or protein ice cream. I brew decaf coffee and freeze it in an ice cube tray.
    Protein ice cream: Blend whole tray of coffee ice cubes and a scoop of protein powder (Quest or PEScience, favorite flavor) a few drops of flavored stevia drops, 1 in chunk of frozen banana, maybe a tsp of sugar free pudding mix or xanthan gum and 1/3 cup cold water until thick and creamy.
    Coffee smoothie: blend 8 oz cold coffee and a scoop of protein powder with 6 ice cubes and a 1 inch chunk of frozen banana.
    Delicious and it fills you up.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like I came out to life crooked in the head. No 158 meal, NONE, no matter what you put in it would fill me up. I envy you lot.
  • daynasrose
    daynasrose Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I made some really awesome gluten-free banana bread yesterday. One thick slice was 155 calories and it filled me up, well for an hour anyway.
  • seansqatar
    seansqatar Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Not only low in calories it sounds like a 3 course meal . . . starter, Main and dessert all in one. (very tiny 3 courser)
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    apparently some posters do not enjoy broccoli . I do enjoy it . especially with garlic .
    I like this approach I often have mini meals like this to keep me full ,Using high fiber vegetables increases volume to keep you full and choosing healthy high protein and fiber foods rather than the same # of empty calorie snacks is just a smart way to stay healthy while loosing weight .
    Now I could eat that and enjoy it as long as I added garlic salt and pepper . I would find it more filling and allow a more rounded set of nutrients with an ounce of cooked poached chicken brown rice or black beans ( or an oz of each ). I would suggest not always sticking to egg white, egg yolks have lots of healthy nutrients for the few added calories I would add 1 at least and it also improves the egg texture .