Overnight oats!

Replies

• buzz3d269
    buzz3d269 Posts: 87 Member
    My favourite is "pumpkin pie overnight oats" - 150g rolled oats, 15g chia, 10ml vanilla essence, 12g brown sugar, 2tsp cinnamon, 400ml almond & coconut milk, 250g mashed pumpkin, 24g PB2. Makes 4 serves (1123kj/270cal per serve).

My other favourite is a coconut version - 20g shredded coconut, 170g coconut chobani, 2tsp vanilla essence, 330ml coconut water, 150g rolled oats, 15g chia. Makes 3 serves (1377kj/328cal).

I normally serve both with a banana and some strawberries mixed through. Great to make ahead of time, and just grab out a serve from the fridge before taking off for work.
  • czmiles926
    czmiles926 Posts: 130 Member
    I have raspberry overnight oats:

1/2 cup (heaped) of porridge oats
    1/3 cup of yogurt
    2/3 cup of milk
    1 table spoon (15 g) of chia seeds
    2 table spoons of raspberry jam
    10 frozen raspberries

Makes one large portion or two small
  • Rosemary7391
    Rosemary7391 Posts: 232 Member
    edited August 2017
    I had this this morning:
    30g oats
    90ml skimmed milk
    3ml agave sweetener (I like liquid for this, mixes in better)
    20g almond butter
    30g mixed dried fruit (added in the morning)

Very tasty and so easy! Going to try some of the other ideas here :)
  • susanayt97
    susanayt97 Posts: 309 Member
    I do coffee overnight oats! Here is the recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0GBqjASUJw
    I don't put in the seeds or the sugar (I'm used to black coffee) and it's great!
  • TuesdayLucero
    TuesdayLucero Posts: 85 Member
    Sorry if this is sorta off topic. I tried a lot of the recipes for overnight oats and didn't like them, I found the texture unappealing. But my husband and I both really like this...it doesn't have much liquid but storing it overnight does help soften the oats so it's easy to mix in the morning.

1/2 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
    2 tbsp. quick oats
    1/2 tsp. ground flaxseed
    1/2 tsp. chia seeds
    sprinkle of cinnamon
    your choice of berries, cooked & cooled chopped apples, mandarin oranges, etc...OR peaches/pears chopped up and added in the morning.

How is this recipe different than normal overnight oats? It seems similar to the other ones I've seen for overnight oats. Just curious what the difference is between what you tried and didn't like, and this. Thanks!
  • Shan_Wow89
    Shan_Wow89 Posts: 54 Member
    These all sound good! I like a little bit of crunch in mine so I add granola in the morning to them! Also I add some honey to sweeten them up
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    I'm having overnight oats for breakfast!
  • wobblybots
    wobblybots Posts: 52 Member
    This is my go to recipe for overnight oats. I love the little kick of cinnamon and vanilla in it. This is 2 servings and has 193 calories per portion. I hate cold porridge so I put it in the microwave for a a minute or two to knock the chill off it.

45g porridge oats (any type of oats you like)
    120ml low fat milk (any milk is good, I use cow's milk but have also tried almond milk and it's nice)
    60g 3% fat natural yogurt
    70g mixed berries
    1 tablespoon chia seeds
    1 pinch of cinnamon
    ¼ teaspoon vanilla
    2 teaspoon honey
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    I started doing this about 6 months ago. With a Panera in my building, if I don't take breakfast to work, I can get into trouble pretty fast. Mine is just equal parts oats and milk, with cinnamon, honey, and whatever fruit I have in the house. It's all good. :)
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    I love overnight oatmeal too! However, I wanted to add more fiber and texture so I started mixing half rolled oats with half "Ezekiel Sprouted whole grain cereal" (this cereal is super nutritious, high fiber,-taste like Grapenuts)
    I buy it at local health food store-
    Anyway- to make this overnight oatmeal here is my recipe:

1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1/2 container Triple Zero Greek Vanilla yogurt (1/3 cup)
    1 Tabl chia seeds
    1/4 cup rolled oats
    1/4 cup Ezekiel cereal
    dash cinnamon
    Mix and keep in fridge overnight- I usually eat mine with a splash of skim milk and fresh berries-because of the high carbs I do watch carbs for the rest of the day, but this is just so nutritious and filling- about 10 grams of fiber in this serving!
  • aimeepoulter113
    aimeepoulter113 Posts: 2 Member
    Shan_Wow89 wrote: »
    I've recently started making Overnight Oats and I would love some different recipes!!!

- 40g quick oats ( 1/2 cup )
    - 1 scoop of protein powder ( preferably chocolate)
    * combine in a Mason jar and add 1 1/4 cup of water or milk )
    * add 90g of finely grated zucchini ( squeeze excess juice ) to add volume
    • I like to pop mine in the microwave for about 1 minutes then store in the fridge overnight
  • CeciliaBobilia
    CeciliaBobilia Posts: 246 Member
    BROWNIE BATTER OATS
    - 1/2 cup Quick Oats
    - 1 scoop Protein Powder (I use vanilla)
    - 2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
    - 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
    - 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
    - 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

About 380 calories.
    Feel free to substitute the maple syrup for a packet of stevia to reduce calories.
    Tastes GREAT with unsweetened almond/coconut milk.
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    @CeciliaBobilia You had me at brownie batter.... Definitely must try this one!
  • MoveitlikeManda
    MoveitlikeManda Posts: 846 Member
    edited September 2017
    Im lazy and stick with just one that I love.

I make a big batch of 4 days worth (weigh it all as it goes in and then divide between 4 and log)

oats
    greek style honey yogurt (the actual recipie said greek yogurt and runny honey, I did say I was lazy lol)
    frozen pitted dark cherries.

then when I am serving I chop up an weigh one granny smiths apple (recipie said to grate the apple and mix in with all the above but I dont like the texture, the cruch of chuncks of apple is far better )

so, this is very simple, but is so so tasty, I have it almost every day for either a late breakfast (dont usually eat till after 11am) or lunch if I cba to make anything else
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    BROWNIE BATTER OATS
    - 1/2 cup Quick Oats

About 380 calories.
    Feel free to substitute the maple syrup for a packet of stevia to reduce calories.
    Tastes GREAT with unsweetened almond/coconut milk.

Ive always wanted to try overnight oats with protein powder but wasnt sure if the protein powder tastes bad after sitting overnight....I should give this one a try.
  • CeciliaBobilia
    @Kimblesnbits13 I let them sit overnight in the fridge. I'm not sure if the protein powder would get funky if left on the counter.
  • buzz3d269
    buzz3d269 Posts: 87 Member
    BROWNIE BATTER OATS
    - 1/2 cup Quick Oats

I made this last night, and was delicious! Must have stuffed up the mix - it was very liquidy, so I added some more oats in the morning, and served with bananas and coconut flakes. YUM!
  • CeciliaBobilia
    @buzz3d269 I'm sorry it turned out liquidy, but I'm glad you found a delicious remedy!

The only time I've had it with too much liquid is when I ate it prior to letting it sit +4hr. Otherwise it has always been like fluffy batter (mmmm). I also eat it cold, so if you warmed it up that may have changed the texture.

Anyways...for anyone making this, I'd suggest mixing the ingredients very well, making sure to use quick oats, and allowing it to sit overnight. And if it's still runny, add more oats or shredded coconut like buzz3d269 did!
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    It's convenient for the morning, portable, and has good macros and calories. Still don't like it much though, but it's growing on me.

I do PB2 and cocoa powder, but looking for new ideas. Thanks!