Smoothie recipes?

Hey guys! So I've been having a smoothie for breakfast every morning and I love the convenience and how energized I feel! I gotta say I'm kinda obsessed with them lol I was just having fruits in the smoothies but it was higher on sugar so I took some of the fruit out and added spinach. So
I usually have a blueberry and spinach smoothie with some almond milk, PB2 and ground flaxseed. Sometimes I will add in half of a banana. But I was wondering what kind of smoothies you all have? If you have some recipes let me know! I would love to try them out! I also want to find a good protein powder to use so if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

Replies

• Stephdawn78
    Stephdawn78 Posts: 9 Member
    I use 1 scoop Slim fast vanilla cream with 1 cup 30 calorie vanilla unsweetened almond milk,1 cup of strawberries 3 ice cubes
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    I use 1/2 water 1/2 coconut water on mine. Adds potassium.
  • OliveGirl128
    OliveGirl128 Posts: 801 Member
    edited August 2017
    I make a green smoothie every day and my current go-to mix is 1c fat free milk, 1c water and 1 pkt splenda as the base; 1 banana (fresh or frozen), frozen blueberries and/or strawberries and then greens (I blanch a bunch of different kinds, blend together and then freeze into muffin tin sized disks/2 disks per smoothie-today was a mix of spinach, kale, collard greens and Swiss chard, for example).
  • Calichemist
    Calichemist Posts: 8 Member
    2 cups of power green mixture (baby spinach and baby kale)

1 cup of vanilla almond milk unsweetened
    1/2 cup of orange juice
    1/4 cup of Chia seeds
    1/2 cup of Dole mixed frozen fruit
    2 teaspoons of pineapple chunks (Dole tropical gold)
    1/2 banana

I have this once a day, either for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
  • SilentDan82
    SilentDan82 Posts: 25 Member
    Mine is very low in sugar:

- 2 cups of greens (spinach/kale/etc.)
    - 1/2 avocado
    - 1/2 lemon
    - 1/2 cucumber
    - 1/4 cup fresh parsley
    - 1 cup coconut water

serves 2

Very refreshing, I have it every morning.
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member
    please make sure to rotate your greens when you are doing smoothies constantly. spinich may taste better, but you can build up alkaloids which are bad. https://www.simplegreensmoothies.com/rotate-your-greens

• SilentDan82
    SilentDan82 Posts: 25 Member
    enyagoboom wrote: »
    please make sure to rotate your greens when you are doing smoothies constantly. spinich may taste better, but you can build up alkaloids which are bad. https://www.simplegreensmoothies.com/rotate-your-greens

I had no idea. Good thing I just started recently so I probably didn't do any damage yet. Thanks!
  • MarylandRose
    MarylandRose Posts: 239 Member
    No idea on exact measurements because this joy was literally dubbed "the kitchen sink." I usually struggle with being hungry shortly after drinking smoothies, no matter how much spinach or kale or milk or protein powder I dump in. This one stuck with me a little longer than usual.

I had three of these last week while using up random leftover ingredients in the kitchen:
    - one serving low-fat vanilla yogurt (left over from dessert, where it had been served on oven-roasted peaches)
    - 1 TBSP chia (leftover from a chili receipe. Ya gotta soak it - I just started by putting chia+water in the blender cup before assembling the other stuff),
    - 1/8 cup roasted almonds (leftover road trip snack)
    - 1/4 cup sad frozen mixed berries (as found in the back of the freezer)
    - water as needed to fill cup/allowing for blending
    - 1 scoop vanilla protein powder,
    - 1/4 cup Fairlife (fiance is "lack toast intolerant") whole milk for texture

For me, really nice flavor and texture combination, and a good mental reminder to myself that we don't have to have a house full of fresh produce to make a healthy snack.
  • enyagoboom
    enyagoboom Posts: 377 Member

I had no idea. Good thing I just started recently so I probably didn't do any damage yet. Thanks!

It is hard to do damage on our scale - most people get the tingly feeling if they go too far with it and stop - but I had no clue either until someone else told me and I had to look it up :) Happy to share the info!