What's on your workout playlist this week?

Hi Ladies! Music is such a HUGE part of what brings people together, and also a major part of my fitness journey. I thought it might be fun to share some of the music that gets us through our workouts! I'm always looking for music to add to my library. Fast, slow, all genres!

This week on my playlist:
1) Hyde by Astrid S
2) Strip That Down (feat Quavo) by Liam Payne
3) Booty (feat Iggy Azeala) by Jennifer Lopez
4) Perm by Bruno Mars

Replies

• JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Ha! When I'm running, my playlist is mostly up-tempo, embarrassing pop. A few long-time favorites are:

Blackeyed Peas Party People
    Britney Spears Toxic
    Christina Aguilera Fighter
    P!nk So What
    Nick Jonas Jealous
    *Nsync Bye, Bye, Bye

(Such shame)

BUT, I haven't been running much, lately, and while I'm lifting, I'll usually just listen to whatever I've been listening to, lately. I don't feel like I need hyper music to motivate me in the weight room. Yesterday, I was jamming out to Foreigner (because we're seeing them play this weekend). A lot of the time, it's country. Sometimes I can't get my headphones to sync so I listen to NOTHING but leave them in to deter anyone from talking to me.
  • Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    I have been listening to Step Up soundtracks. Love Fancy Footwork, Beggin, Take Your Shirt Off, Tetris. Or songs by Camila Cabelo, Zara Larsson, and Hailee Steinfeld. I really mix it up.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    My Spotify running playlist has over 500 songs! I love variety and once a song has come up a few times I will usually drop it or my runs will get boring. There is a huge mix of house, rock, cheesy pop. A random shuffle brings up these 10 songs for example:

Wildfires - Mariachi El Bronx (Latin acoustic punk)
    Treasure - Bruno Mars (Pop)
    Don't Be So Hard on Yourself - Jess Glynne (Pop/House)
    December 1963 - Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons (60s pop)
    The Fixer - Pearl Jam (Rock)
    Doctor Pressure - Mylo (Dance/Disco)
    Safe and Sound - Capital Cities (Indie)
    Perfect - Princess Superstar (House)
    Infinity - Guru Josh Project (House)
    Summer - Calvin Harris (Dance)

As you can see quite a strange mix but all very upbeat and positive.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Ha! When I'm running, my playlist is mostly up-tempo, embarrassing pop. A few long-time favorites are:

Blackeyed Peas Party People
    Britney Spears Toxic
    Christina Aguilera Fighter
    P!nk So What
    Nick Jonas Jealous
    *Nsync Bye, Bye, Bye

(Such shame)

BUT, I haven't been running much, lately, and while I'm lifting, I'll usually just listen to whatever I've been listening to, lately. I don't feel like I need hyper music to motivate me in the weight room. Yesterday, I was jamming out to Foreigner (because we're seeing them play this weekend). A lot of the time, it's country. Sometimes I can't get my headphones to sync so I listen to NOTHING but leave them in to deter anyone from talking to me.

You just gave "embarrassing pop" a whole new meaning for me, as it came to my mind that even though I don't really like "Toxic", I tend to unconsciously pantomime the "you're to-xiiiiiic" every time I hear it. That would be so embarrassing at the gym. Oh wow!
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    @JeepHair77 I love the Black Eyed Peas! You're mix is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!!

@jesspen91 I'm going to definitely have to check out your playlist. I'm always looking for new music or else my runs get boring too!

@Jhillian STEP UP soundtrack and the movies give me life! Yasss to "take your shirt off!"
  • littlebuffbiddy
    littlebuffbiddy Posts: 63 Member

Say It - Flute Tove Lo
    Mask Off - Future
    Aint My Fault - Zara Larsson
    Drew Barrymore - SZA
    To The Moon - Smokepurpp
    Hypnotic - Zella Day
  • daynasrose
    daynasrose Posts: 46 Member
    I use MotionTraxx tempo music for my runs and circuits.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    edited August 2017
    I only listen to music when I run and generally it's either my favourite band, The 1975, or The Weeknd. I like a slower tempo to my music in general and these two just get me in the mood for life. Menswear is my fave The 1975 song and High for This for The Weeknd.
  • NadNight
    NadNight Posts: 794 Member
    I have a massive range of playlist from upbeat cheesy pop to moody rock songs that make me feel more badass. One song that always lifts my workout is 'work this body' by Walk the Moon because it seems so appropriate for what I'm doing
  • 2tall4thisworld
    2tall4thisworld Posts: 123 Member
    @glassofroses i love the Weeknd!
  • lexfair85
    lexfair85 Posts: 7 Member
    Bodak Yellow....!!!! Cardi B.
    New Rules by Dua Lipa
    Liam Payne - Strip that Down

I make a new youtube playlist every month!
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    I’m going to be the odd one out here ... In general, i tend to listen to a lot more prog than pop. But when I’m working out, it’s always always Enter Shikari. Because nothing gets me pumped up like political/social commentary!
  • joancollinsbitch
    joancollinsbitch Posts: 7 Member
    Hi ladies! My running playlist always includes:
    Sia - Move Your Body
    No Doubt - Looking Hot
    G-Eazy x Bebe Rexha - Me, Myself & I
    David Guetta - Hey Mama
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Niall Horan - Slow Hands. I heard it on the radio and it's just stuck with me. :lol: