Best Veggie Burgers?

Options
Would like to try this for meatless Monday...any suggestions?

Replies

• cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Beyond Meat makes a tasty burger
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for something that centers vegetables, beans, or grains? Or are you looking for something "meaty"?

Are you wanting to make one yourself or purchase one?

I'm kind of a veggie burger maniac, but I want to make sure I'm recommending the type of thing you are looking for.
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I am looking for something I can buy at the grocery store to start. Eventually graduating to making my own. I have a tough time getting my veggies in. I tried the one from Subway and could take it or leave it. At my old job they had one that was great from the cafeteria but I have no idea of the brand and it's too far to travel to.
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Morningstar chipotle black bean burgers!

My grocery store has a falafel mix I like to make burgers out of too if you are like me and absolutely adore chick peas!
  • rdix333
    rdix333 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    We used to buy Backyard Grillers that tasted like a real burger. But we can't find them here in Phoenix anymore.

bguml0ius1mg.jpeg
  • TartsAndTattoos
    TartsAndTattoos Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    76Crane76 wrote: »
    Would like to try this for meatless Monday...any suggestions?

goodburger.png

This is my favourite commercial veggie burger. :)
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Linda Mccartney's! I fed the "pulled pork" one to a meat eater and he was amazed. They also do a mozzarella burger, plain old vegetarian burger and spinach and mushroom. They are all really good.
  • Juniper210
    Juniper210 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am a huge fan of the Morningstar Farms Grillers PRIME burgers. They are really tasty. Trader Joe's makes a Tomato Basil Pizza Veggie burger that tastes great.

I also love the original gardenburger cooked up to be really crispy on the outside.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I like the Morningstar Chik'n patties - they are really good. I make faux Chicken parm with them. Granted, not a burger - but I don't like most of the veggie burgers out there.
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I make my own black bean burgers on occasion...

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/black-bean-burger/

Black bean burgers are great. I use the recipe from Serious Eats (www.seriouseats.com).
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Options
    Costco Black bean...but seeing the above, I may try those
  • chet01
    chet01 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Beyond meat burger is the best "hamburger" substitute I have come across. Serve to my carnivorous friends and family and they enjoy them as well.

I also have used them to make a vegan/soy free meatloaf that is pretty tasty.
  • lolo_bunny
    lolo_bunny Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The Morningstar Black Bean burger is pretty good, sometimes I get them from Costco. I prefer to make a burger using a nice portobello mushroom cap :)
  • Old_Cat_Lady
    Old_Cat_Lady Posts: 1,193 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Eventually make your own. They are easy to freeze! Do you have a food processor? Some are very high in sodium. Some have a long list of ingredients/additives I don't understand.
  • ladypetrushka_
    ladypetrushka_ Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Dr. Praeger's or Engine 2! Found at Whole Foods.