What is the meaning of life?

Title speaks for itself. What is the meaning of life?

Replies

• misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    edited August 2017
    dont know about meaning, but the purpose, primarily,is to procreate and pass on genes. that is something that both science and religion agrees upon.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    I've always wondered if people are drawn to careers by what they think the meaning of life is. Like a journalist is always seeking for truth, a cop for justice, an artist to create beauty. Probably not so simple. I imagine it's different for everyone. I'm excited to see what others come up with. Interesting thread idea.
  • jacquih2981
    jacquih2981 Posts: 120 Member
    darn it, beaten to it
    answer - 42
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    We are born... and what lay before us at that first gasp of breath are 10 000 paths forward... then we are shaped and molded by our circumstances, from those circumstances we define our meaning... the paths become fewer... the rights and wrongs we commit and which are committed upon us... further limit our paths... until we intersect with that one person who lifts our head, and shows us a whole new set of paths... so... the "meaning" is to live... to play your part. how you define your part is far more important. The only thing we all need to bear in mind, is that we are omnipotent in our own lives, no one makes us feel, if we find ourselves in untenable situations, it is through choices we have made... paths we have followed, So, in other terms our "meaning" is to be ever vigilant in how we maintain our life... live it with intention and treat it like the gift it can be
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    What.Does.It.All.Mean?
  • LeGaCyGiAnT91
    LeGaCyGiAnT91 Posts: 405 Member
    The meaning you give it.
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    That truly is what's best in life.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    I think someone said "To love, and to be loved." To show compassion, and to be awnry on mfp.
  • Corprina
    Corprina Posts: 215 Member
    The meaning life can be different for each individual depending on whether you believe in God and creation or you believe in evolution. Was life created or did it just happen? If it just happened, there really is no meaning, which, I think, is a very sad thought! If you knew today or this week would be the last day/week of your life: Who would you want to spend it with? What thoughts would race through your mind? What would you want do? Would you regret anything you did or didn't do? Did you make a difference in someone else's life? Answer these questions and you might come to a conclusion about , not really the meaning of life, but what, your life means to you and what's the most important.

It's going to mean something different to everyone.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    I like this take on it:

“The purpose of life is finding the largest burden that you can bear and bearing it.”
    ― Jordan B. Peterson

I found mine. Or it found me. And it's certainly not anything to do with being on a tour bus. :/