Multiple entries for negative calorie adjustment - nm, found the disable setting

whitebalance
whitebalance Posts: 1,655 Member
edited August 2017 in Social Groups
Ah, the joys of syncing MFP with Fitbit... five years in, it's still wack. I'm used to the immediate workout penalties and the delayed sync. But this is one I've never seen.

Immediately after logging a 15-minute workout, today I had not one but two Fitbit negative calorie adjustments. With different amounts. One to offset the steps I haven't taken yet during the day, and one to offset the workout I had just logged.

Aaaaand the setting to disable negative calorie adjustments is nowhere to be found on my app or on the Web.
  1. Is anyone else seeing multiple adjustments?
  2. Does anyone know where the "disable negative" setting has run off to?

TIA

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    2 - Still under Settings - Diary Settings for me. I don't use the app since I found it caused more sync issues and doesn't matter to me during the day.

vnv6c5xt4blk.png

1 - I've heard of that happening. Usually corrects by end of day, but during the period many were getting it - you had to see which was the older one, and manually delete it.
    Where did you log the workout - MFP or Fitbit?
    Sounds like MFP or there would have been no need for adjustment like that.

Logging on MFP requires 2 extra syncs - over to Fitbit to replace calorie burn there, then back to MFP with potentially new value.
    Just increasing odds of errors.

Just log on Fitbit if type of workout device will be getting wrong, then make wall post on MFP for others to see with more info a workout logging even provides.

What type of workout that manual logging was best for?