Interval App Recommendation?

1meh
1meh Posts: 94 Member
I'm looking for an app (iPhone) that will beep/chime at 30 seconds, then 1 minute for a specified number of time. For instance, I'll run for 30 seconds, rest for a minute for 5 reps. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    The one I use is for Android, but they may have an Apple version.... It is called Interval Timer and it is by dreamspark. It is very basic. You set how many sets, how long on, and how long off. It gives you a series of beeps before it starts, then for each interval working or rest it will beep starting about 4 seconds before the end.
    If you have it on your screen, your screen saver will not come on. It is also colored different for Work and Rest.
    If you minimize the app though while it is running, it will only beep once at the ending time for each work/rest setting. Your screensaver will come on if it is minimized

It works great. Never had any problems.

Only thing I hate about it is that it runs off of you alarm sound setting. If you have headphones on listening to music, it will silence the music (not pause) and it will beep through your phone-not your headphones.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    I downloaded a free app on my iphone from the App Store called "Interval Timer: Timing for HIIT Training" by Deltaworks. It does what I want. It can play music in the background, has multiple intervals as well as rest intervals, and has a variety of bells and alarms. I use it both for boxing and circuit training. I've tried a few others, but this is the one that I have come back to.
  • 1meh
    1meh Posts: 94 Member
    Thanks guys!