Lost too much weight ?

Options
Hello what's up guys and girls.
I was eating 2500 calories last week and checked my weight. I gained around 3lb. Which was strange. I understood why. It was because I was drinking water late that night due to working on a late shift. So my eating was late. It was a simple fluctuation.

I reduced my calories by 100 and lost nearly a kg in a week. Which is far too much.
.shall I increase the calories and go back to 2500 ?

Replies

• AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    I have been loosing weight slowly and gradually for a while now on 2500.
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    I started my cut on June. I was 97.1 kg. I am now 92.3 kg. It has been a slow cut.
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    What's a kg in lb? With 3lb discounted as a "false" reading from before so to speak, what loss remains?
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    smh_cliff wrote: »
    What's a kg in lb? With 3lb discounted as a "false" reading from before so to speak, what loss remains?

1kg is 2.2lb
  • AsrarHussain
    Options
    I was 93.3 last Sunday. This week I was 92.3 kg. The sale first said 92.1 couple of times then it said 92.3.
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    You can lose 1kg in a week easily. Especially if you said the 3 gained was due to water and late night eating.
  • rmgnow
    rmgnow Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    My_Butt wrote: »
    You can lose 1kg in a week easily. Especially if you said the 3 gained was due to water and late night eating.

Absolutely.
    Weight loss is not linear.

Also, you can lose more than that, depending on what weight you're starting at
  • smh_cliff
    smh_cliff Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    smh_cliff wrote: »

1kg is 2.2lb

Thanks, I thought along those lines.
    Not too much at all if you've "put on" 3 in a week.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    It's best not to look at your weight from week to week. Look how it behaved over a couple of months. Have you averaged too high of a loss over the last two months? If so, increase calories. Have you averaged too low of a loss and feel you can achieve more comfortably without venturing into the unhealthy territory? If so, reduce your calories. Any daily or weekly wild fluctuations up or down are just your body doing what it usually does: playing with water and glycogen.