Working from Bodybuilding programs

Thick_n_Fit_Mom
Thick_n_Fit_Mom Posts: 89 Member
Curious to see other individuals Progress, with whom utilize programs from Bodybuilding, currently doing Jim Stoppani's 6 week shortcut to strength. Doesn't have to necessarily be a Bodybuilding program.

Replies

• Thick_n_Fit_Mom
    Wow! No feedback! Unless your posting in the shenanigans thread, maybe I should post this there! Sheesh! #sorrynotsosorry
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,388 MFP Moderator
    Most of us are following either these programs or something similar.

Personally, I stay off of bb.com because there is way too much bro-science and bro-splits on that forum
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    There is some good information and people on there, at least on the over 35 part of the forum. lol

The problem is that unless you are posting in the "misc" sections there isn't a whole lot of activity. Heck, a majority of guy and gals on BB.com don't even lift... it's ALL about the "misc" forums. When there is activity outside of there you have to wade through all the BS and folks fishing for "reputation"... although there is an "app" too and I know a few people who put that to good use.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    You could do a search or head into the Success sub forum here. There's a few threads about results from lifting/strength training.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Great progress

And I agree this forum has lower traffic compared to the others. I did not do BB.com programs as they were not my thing, I did Strong Curves and currently Get Glutes.
  • Thick_n_Fit_Mom
    edited August 2017
    Thank you for the forum police! I do not troll the forums on here, to which I wasn't aware where we should post/respond/not respond.. etc.. this was just an open ended Simple question if anyone wanted to share their experiences, not NECESSARILY RELATED to BODYBUILDING, OR A BODYBUILDING program. There are very knowledgeable individuals on BodySpace/Bodybuilding.com with accreditation and with a PhD who do actually lift, and are creators of some pretty amazing programs. I do my research, before making an accusation. Again, appreciate the feedback!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    :huh: :noway:
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    I'm still confused as to what OP wanted.

Doesn't want results from bodybuilding but thread title is asking for results from bodybuilding programs?

I strength train. I've lost 60lbs and still going by eating in a deficit. I'm a mod reps/mod weight strength training along with bodyweight cardio and a bit of time on the mini stepper to get my steps up and bonus cardio. I don't know what my final results as far as muscle mass will be because I'm not building while losing. I'm pleased with how it's going so far.

Had a brief look at BB programs and none of them struck my fancy. I'm also lazy and easily bored so actually use Fitness Blender programs. They cater to the equipment I have, have nice structure to my week and most importantly, I really enjoy it.

Have i covered everything? Or am I in for another earful?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,388 MFP Moderator
    Well alright then.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I've done powerlifting programs and hybrid programs. Right now I'm doing Layne Norton's PHAT.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    1. This forum has lower traffic than most.
    2. This is an international site. For instance, when you posted this, it was 4:30am where I am.
    3. 2 hours is not long to wait for a response.
    4. I think you need to chill a little.

@Alatariel75 don't you know you're supposed to get up once an hour to check MFP for urgent posts?!
  • Thick_n_Fit_Mom
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I've done powerlifting programs and hybrid programs. Right now I'm doing Layne Norton's PHAT.

That's a great program! I've done hybrid mixed with PiYO.. Power Hypertrophy Adaptive Training is power packed, with solid results., awesome profile picture!! Thanks for sharing!
  • ellustiina
    ellustiina Posts: 24 Member
    Not really following any program on bb.com site.

Chest, shoulders, triceps - legs - Back, biceps, shoulders - legs
    Mon - Tue - Thur - Fri

That's my "program", I try to plan a little a head what I'm gonna do when I hit the gym so I don't end up wandering around like a headless chicken.
  • Thick_n_Fit_Mom
    ellustiina wrote: »
    Not really following any program on bb.com site.

Chest, shoulders, triceps - legs - Back, biceps, shoulders - legs
    Mon - Tue - Thur - Fri

That's my "program", I try to plan a little a head what I'm gonna do when I hit the gym so I don't end up wandering around like a headless chicken.

I do the same! I always carry notebook/pen with me to keep track of weight lifted/reps etc.. it's cool to see how so progress over time. Thanks for sharing!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    I've been using bodybuilding.com for years. I don't venture into the forums and only use it to record my workouts. I've done Jim Stoppani's, Jaime Eason's and so many others that I can't remember. Currently I'm doing Built By Science for the third time but only because I took a break from my own workouts.

About a year ago I created my own workouts on bodybuilding.com. I really like that you can create your own programs on the site.

I love the articles and have learned a lot about nutrition and weight lifting from them.
  • Thick_n_Fit_Mom
    Sharon_C wrote: »
    I've been using bodybuilding.com for years. I don't venture into the forums and only use it to record my workouts. I've done Jim Stoppani's, Jaime Eason's and so many others that I can't remember. Currently I'm doing Built By Science for the third time but only because I took a break from my own workouts.

About a year ago I created my own workouts on bodybuilding.com. I really like that you can create your own programs on the site.

I love the articles and have learned a lot about nutrition and weight lifting from them.

Awesome! I've done quite a few myself. That's something I never did, was create my own template/workout.. good for you! You had enough experience/knowledge to do it! I never ventured into the forums either, but a lot of great information. That's where I initially researched IF, that I'm currently doing. Keep up the great work, in going to request you if you don't mind!