Sober September 2017

Replies

• kingleahnidas
    kingleahnidas Posts: 280 Member
    I am in! My one planned drink will be for my anniversary.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    I'm planning on doing Whole30 in September and this is a requirement. I may have to wait until after Labor day, but I'm all in!
  • Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    I'm in! My birthday is on September 16, but I have a race on September 17 so that is an extra incentive not to drink that day.

I won't lie - cutting it out completely might be tough. But I would like to try to limit to one or two nights (aka the weekend) to start. Then maybe I can try Octsober :smiley:
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    I'm in for Sept!
  • SweatsOnSunday
    SweatsOnSunday Posts: 514 Member
    I am starting the Hormone Reset September 1st so this is perfect timing; need to give up alcohol for 21 days...thanks for posting this! :)

I have no idea what the Hormone Reset is, but I'm intrigued. Care to share the details?
  • Yoldle19
    Yoldle19 Posts: 33 Member
    I think I will join in on this! Friend me so we can encourage each other!
  • CynthyP
    CynthyP Posts: 2 Member
    Ha! I think I could too. But how boring!!
  • LC0924
    LC0924 Posts: 71 Member
    I'm in! Will likely have a drink or two while away for my anniversary (22-24) but I will be alcohol-free the rest of the month :)
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    I'm in!! Going to just drink on football Saturdays. First game is this Saturday. It does become a habit and easy to just start doing, so glad we have this. Going to just aim to try and only drink 6 Saturday but no more than 8. And slowly cut back to just 4-6 on Saturdays.
  • pinelakecutie
    pinelakecutie Posts: 28 Member
    Just what I was looking for. I'm in.
  • FredKing1
    FredKing1 Posts: 98 Member
    30 days. Most of us could do almost anything for 30 days, right? Give up chocolate. Avoid caffeine. Ditch social media. In the grand scheme of things it is only 30 days. What about an alcohol experiment? Can you ditch alcohol for 30 days? - Annie Grace