Does weight go on in the same places it was lost????

Options
I recently lost 3 stone and my bra size is significantly smaller and I've lost a lot of fat from my bum. I want this back so if I was to gain a stone would it go on in the same places I lost it. E.g. My bum and boobs. Any ideas would be great thank you

Replies

• skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    To some extend. Some part of where you store fat is genetic. And also existing fat cells don't disappear from your body. They just store less fat when you lose it. So yeah, the same cells will start storing fat again.

But mind you: also all of the other fat cells will, in the places where you do not want it. For the bum, building the muscle is definitely the healthier choice.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Not for me...I tend to lose in my ribs/back and legs/butt, however when I gain it mostly goes to my belly...if I lose and then gain a few pounds, then it just screws up the proportions of everything!
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Not for me...I tend to lose in my ribs/back and legs/butt, however when I gain it mostly goes to my belly...if I lose and then gain a few pounds, then it just screws up the proportions of everything!
    UGH I have a similar problem. I lose in my legs first, belly last, but when I gain, I gain in my belly first. The more I yoyo, the bigger my tummy gets. *grumble*

• CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    If I just gain fat, it does. Luckily, when I gained muscle most of it went to my *kitten* and thighs. :) You'll probably like the results of weight gain a lot better if you do a structured lifting program and gain slowly.