SAY "NO" TO LATE NIGHT SNACKING -- SEPTEMBER 2017 CHALLENGE

lamlamsmakeover
lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

You will notice some people post streaks of how many days they are free of late night snacking. This is definitely not a requirement, but if you want to do it for motivation, it works well.

Welcome!

Replies

• katymouse2
    katymouse2 Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks! This is my biggest issue! After kids are down, I start to roam the cupboards, fridge, shelves! Help!!
  • sosopa
    sosopa Posts: 115 Member
    I'm in!
  • QUEENxo1992
    QUEENxo1992 Posts: 69 Member
    I'm in as well! I eat a whole bag of crispy minis (Quaker) some nights and feel like I sabotage myself. I'm going to stop buying them and see if that helps!
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    I'm back.
    Only pre-logged snacks after dinner 5/7 nights per week.
  • cjegv
    cjegv Posts: 3 Member
    I hope to limit the evening snacking by being active instead of a TV couch potato. I get a good amount exercise and movement before dinner. After dinner "active" would be doing hobbies that engage me and I don't even think about eating.
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    I plan to participate. I've been doing really well -- but only for a couple of weeks. I know I'm still on thin ice with getting out of the habit. No impulse eating (at night or randomly throughout the day) is a big goal of mine.
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,813 Member
    I finished last month with
    Me: 26
    LNS: 5
    I'm going to attempt to better this in September.
  • krea4
    Me: 1*
    LNS: 0
    Streak: 1
    I have a family party tomorrow. That will really test my commitment o:)
  • krea4
    @tolamarie
    Well done for not snacking. I have also bettered previous months. Let's nail this!
  • sosopa
    sosopa Posts: 115 Member
    01/09
    Streak: 1

@krea4 tonight will be hard for me too because I'll go out with some friends. We'll see how that goes!
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,373 Member
    ME: 1
  • mellarslan
    mellarslan Posts: 22 Member
    Hello :)
    Thanks a lot for that challenge and the idea! I guess that will kick my *kitten* :p
    I am in! Unfortunately I didn't see that post yesterday and I ate some chocolate last night...
    So,
    Me:1
    LNS:1
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,928 Member
  • cjsacto
    Me: 1
  • bobbylou23
    bobbylou23 Posts: 199 Member
    Late night snacks:

Me: 2
    Streaks: 2
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,926 Member
    Me: 0
    LNS: 1

Streak 0

lol, I had such a good august, I chose to LNS last night, lol....which means a poor september start.
  • cjsacto
    Me: 2

I mean, the night's not over but I closed my diary and I'm claiming no LNS on this challenge so no more snacks.
  • mellarslan
    mellarslan Posts: 22 Member
    @Gamze2106 ayy oldu mu acaba