Cutting to bulking macros?

Im now 151lb 5'7" male
Before i was cutting on 1600 cals 110c/150p/62f
Been transitioning to a bulk the last couple weeks. Trying to bulk now with 340c/150p/62f. This seem ok or do i need to adjust anything? Maintenance calories is about 22-2400. Will up calories as needed since im trying to figure out how much calories i exactly need.

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I personally would balance out carbs and fats a bit more. Actually I would just hit protein and let the other macros end up where they will. You're bulking, it doesn't have to be strict you should have room to play a bit.
  • LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited September 2017
    How long was the cut?

How many times have you done this sort of thing?

When did the cut end? Guessing a couple of weeks ago......

Did you do a reverse diet in the meantime? Guessing that you did not.....

I mean, you stated that you have been transitioning for the last couple of weeks. That might not be enough time to jump up from the cut macros to the bulk macros without significant body fat gains. Just saying.....

The Bulk Macros.......seems like a lot....might not be. Let's look:

340g Carbs x 4 = 1,360 Calories
    150g Protein x 4 = 600 Calories
    62g Fat x 9 = 558 Calories

So, 2,518 Calories.

Actually, not a super big a jump from 2,400. I am assuming that one week of transition you did 2,200 Calories and the other week you did 2,400 Calories. But, total assumption on my part.

Still might be a bit quick from the 1,600 Calories during your cut. You might want to reverse diet for a few months (roughly 80 calories a day for each week) and get up to maintenance and then sit there for a few weeks....give your body time to adjust and then start the bulk? Just a thought......
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    Seems good to me. Monitor and readjust if needed in 4-6 weeks
  • beneidson
    beneidson Posts: 1 Member
    Is 40P/20F/40C considered "cutting" macros? Just got a PT and that's what he put me on. At 13%bf now trying to get to 10%. Keeping fats at 20% is pretty challenging for me
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    beneidson wrote: »
    Is 40P/20F/40C considered "cutting" macros? Just got a PT and that's what he put me on. At 13%bf now trying to get to 10%. Keeping fats at 20% is pretty challenging for me

No such thing as cutting macros. Caloric deficit is what matters.
    With that said, ensure adequate protein for preserving muscle, and adequate fat as recommended by doctors. Rest of the diet is carbs.
  • charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    misnomer1 wrote: »
    beneidson wrote: »

No such thing as cutting macros. Caloric deficit is what matters.
    With that said, ensure adequate protein for preserving muscle, and adequate fat as recommended by doctors. Rest of the diet is carbs.

Carbs for energy