Weekly Post 3.9 - 10.9 2017

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,957 Member
Hi all!
Sorry for the delay in getting us started for the week. Back in a few with a post. :)

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Hope everybody had a nice weekend. Sorry I am not around as much on the weekends as I am during the week. I find the weekends fly by LOL.
    Today I am off for Labor Day. Light Day happening. I picked up an Organic Half and Half from Trader Joe's yesterday for coffee. 20 calories for one tablespoon. So 60 calories for three cups of coffee I can do.
    Today we are going to the gym and then home to make our salads, then off to the beach!
    Have a nice one. Speak to you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I have been super busy/stressed lately, so I haven't been posting or fasting, but apparently something is working because I have lost three pounds in three weeks! If I keep this up, I will be lower than I have been in quite a while. :)
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    @Meghan509 Awesome on the half and half. I think 60 calories is worth it as well. Nothing worse than a nasty coffee, some things I just have to have.

@KateNkognito that is awesome news. not being stressed but losing the 3.

We took a 2 day holiday to a local beach in Mississippi and found the most wonderful Harbor View Cafe and to say their plates of food could feed 3 people isn't exaggerating. We went twice, so of course I feel like a stuffed pumpkin. Saturday was my fast day at least I waited until that night to eat. HA. Plus lots of walking and swimming with the kids. I won't fast again until Thursday and Saturday. Monday's just weren't working for me.
  • jknight001
    jknight001 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    @KateNkognito - Hope life calms down for you soon so you can enjoy your weight loss and your life at the same time.

Been a good weekend. I decided to fast on Saturday since I didn't know what the Labor Day holiday would look like for me. Tomorrow I am going to a brunch. Hoping to not go overboard! And really hoping the scale will decide to move this week. Even so, I am glad to be eating in a more sane way these days. Have a lovely week 5:2ers!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!
    Back at it for another work week. Been a little busy but all good.
    Thanks @ckmama I thought the half and half was a good find as well! The label calls for two tablespoons per serving which would be about what my milk is (but more fat), but I find that I can get by with half that since it is richer and it's half and half. So 60 calories it is! Not bad at all. I will be using this for light days going forward. Woo hoo!
    Light Day went well yesterday. We were off for Labor Day. Went to the gym in the late AM. Came home and then made our salads and brought them to the beach. I find that if I can eat lunch later then I don't need an afternoon snack of fruit or nuts. We went over to a store before dinner to kill some time and at dinner at around 7:30-45pm our usual time which was nice. A good light day!
    Trying a newer turkey from Costco today which I am excited about. For any of you Costco shoppers, here is the info. http://costcocouple.com/kirkland-signature-honey-roasted-turkey-breast/
    We will eat turkey on a sandwich during the week on our regular days. :)
    Today I did an experiment. I poured my 2% milk in to a glass Pyrex cup to see how much I really use in three cups of coffee in the AM. Turns out I used 2/3 of milk and not a cup! Saves me some calories there too!
    Hoping you all are well. I will check back in later.
    Have a great day!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Forgot to say good luck with the scale @jknight001 let us know how it goes!
    Brunch yummy! Now that I don't eat breakfast much anymore, brunch sounds good. LOL A weekend or two ago we went to our favorite diner and had breakast with omlettes and pancakes. Missed it!

Hope your week is less crazy @KateNkognito - and congrats on the loss! Tracking is still good, even if you can't fast - helps keeps you accountable! :D
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning everybody.
    Hope everybody is doing well. :) I will check back a little later to see if anybody's checked in.
    Have a good one!
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    So, I have changed things up a little. I lowered my non-fasting calories a little. I didn't think it would help, because I had been going over my limit by 100-200 every day. But, I lowered it by about 300 and guess what? I am still going over by 100-200, but that is less than my break even amount, and I haven't even noticed.
    I hope everyone is having a great week! We are halfway through!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning all.

I know what you mean @KateNkognito it is hard to implement a change like that, especially when we tend to eat the same things often and the day usually ends up being the same amount. :)

I am pretty much done with all of my size 14 pants. They are all too big. The pants I had on yesterday at work looked silly I am pretty sure. :o Even some of my size 12's are looking a little loose. Last night I pulled out a few size 10's that I had wayyyy in the back of my closet and what do you know! THEY FIT! :# So we are making piles of the stuff that is good stuff but too big and we are going to make those "space bags" out of them so that we keep them for a bit in case we gain but they are put away. BF has a bunch of stuff he wants to put away too. Need to buy some more space bags - the big bags that you fill up and then use the vacuum to suck the air out of and then store. Good stuff! Bought some on Amazon that are currently in use with winter sweaters in them.

Light day today. Nothing out of the ordinary. Drinking my water and green tea. Tonight we kick off football season (NFL) and I am a fan so it will be a late night for me. Bah. I tend to typically call it early on Light Day Thursdays but tonight I won't. Friday will be draggy but what are you going to do! Hope everybody has a great day and has great plans for the weekend. I will check back later. :)
  • ckmama
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @Meghan509 that is awesome news. I can't wait to go down in pant size.

Light day for me struggling a bit, but haven't had enough water.

I found a good food find Joseph Pita bread is only 60 calories per pita along with a Chicken burger from costco for 120. Add some lettuce and pickles. YUM! for 150 calories because I only need half the pita.

I'm still aiming for the 800 calories on low days and the 2000 on regular days. Haven't decided if I will weigh tomorrow or wait until Sunday
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hey all!

Happy Friday. B)
    Yes, @ckmama you got this! It will happen for you! This is a great plan and we are totally fat burning machines. LOL I can feel the difference between my last WOE (just counting calories and hoping for a loss each week) and this one. I was exercising too last time but this time I feel leaner. I see my fat % going down on the scale pretty much each week. I have read that is a guesstimate and you should be measured with fat calipers but hey I am taking it for now. I am not a body builder. LOL Yes, I am excercising one more day a week this time and focusing my cardio more on fat burning vs. aerobic. But the jeans I have on today that I wore when I was thinner too. They feel looser now and fit better in the tummy - no muffin top! Very cool feeling.

Good news on my front today - I am down 2.6 pounds this morning! Very happy. I am in to a new lower set of numbers on the scale. And only a pound higher than I was for my all time low in the summer of 2014. Woo hoo!

That pita sounds yummy and so does the chicken burger. We love those sorts of things! I went on Pinterest yesterday and found three new Light Day dinners for us. We are big in to hot soups / stews. They are all low calorie and between 150 and 250 calories, four servings. Very excited to try one out next week! I can provide links if anyone is interested. Two are vegetarian and one has sausage which I will be using turkey sausage with.

Tonight we are heading out for a steak dinner. We have a coupon. LOL I enjoy red meat once every few weeks, so tonight is a treat. Have a good one and I'll check in again soon. :)
  • ckmama
    Options
    I love soup and gumbo, but it is sooo HOT here during summer we soup it up starting around November and usually have our last of soups around March/April
  • hannahbananna80
    hannahbananna80 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

@Meghan509 I would be really interested in those soups! I have been doing a really thick veg soup for my fasting days which is quite filling but some other ideas would be great or I may get bored of the same one. 2.6lbs is fab too! Sounds like it is going really well for you.

Last week was my first week back on 5:2 and when I weighed on Tue I had lost 2 1/2 lbs so happy with that. Hope I can keep it up now. Did my second fast day of 2nd week yesterday and think it was the hardest one so far. Found the others relatively and surprisingly easy. Maybe the novelty of starting again!

I have been running with our dog in the mornings, most mornings, but not v far. Between 1.5 and 2.5 miles at the most. Signed up to run 100k over the summer for 'Running Down Dementia' for the Alzheimer's Society in UK. Time is running out! Haha. Am on about 60k now. Going out shortly to clock up a bit more. But it is the weekend so I won't be fasting! :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

• Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all!
    LOL I hear you about soups and stuff in the heat!
    Okay cool. I am going to post them on Monday, when I typically log in from a regular computer. I will probably also save them to our meal threads above. Awesome!
    Hope you are having a nice weekend! Chat soon. B)
  • jknight001
    Options
    Ended up losing .6 lbs when I weighed on Friday. I have my calories pretty high for my non-fast days so I was happy the scale moved at all.

I was looking for breakfast ideas for fast day breakfasts. @flumi_f recomended protein and veggies for fast days. I think she is right but the thought of protein and veggies at breakfast makes me want to gag. For protein, I do have eggs or peanut butter or yogurt for breakfast but veggies for breakfast is out of the question! Would love to hear breakfast menus from you all do for breakfast on fast days.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Hi @jknight001
    Congratulations on your loss!
    I am one who skips breakfast and goes right to lunch on light days and honestly any day. So hopefully some others can chime in.
    With that being said, how about an egg white omelet and yep it would be with veggies LOL?
    Or overnight oats with some fruit. Could let the oats soak in almond milk vs yogurt to save calories. I love overnight oats. If you want I can find a recipe on Pinterest for you, to show you how to make?
  • jknight001
    Options
    @Meghan509 - Thanks for the ideas. Eggs and veggies work for me. That is a great idea. I have been doing overnight oats for a long time so I do know how to make those. I was really interested in how to get the protein-veggie thing going in the morning as I am a very much a breakfast person. :smile: Maybe I should experiment with scrambled eggs and some veggies. Thanks for the idea.
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast on fast days, but an egg / omelette with berries would be good. Or fat free high protein Greek style yoghurt with a handful of berries could be good.
  • jknight001
    Options
    I think @orlcam changed our picture to be officially fall. Very nice!