Needing something crunchy!

Options
I love crackers and chips so I'm desperate for something crunchy! Those air chips in the chip aisle are a joke. Lots of calories for not very many chips. I like to cook!

Replies

• iamflabulous
    iamflabulous Posts: 1 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    try roasted chickpeas Season with spices or garlic salt, etc.
  • melanie8135
    melanie8135 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    do you roast your own chickpeas? if so what temperature etc?
  • QuornQueen
    QuornQueen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    10 grams of walnuts = 70 calories and are both tasty, healthy and crunchy to snack on.
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    do you roast your own chickpeas? if so what temperature etc?

This is the recipe that I use---substitute in whatever spices you like! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/81548/roasted-chickpeas/
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    I love roasted small potatoes. Zucchini tots.
  • Aplant77
    Aplant77 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I like roasted pumpkin seeds. Still have to watch the calories but a small amount fills the need for crunchiness and saltiness but also has lots of great nutrients.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,843 Member
    Options
    I eat popcorn when I want something crunchy.
  • alicebhsia
    alicebhsia Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    crunchy salty dill pickles instead? i like the little ones you can get the best.
  • RomanEmpire31
    RomanEmpire31 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try Rice Cakes, I usually have 2 or 3 with some natural peanut butter (tablespoon) for each one. For breakfast sometimes i have 3 rice cakes and 3 eggs, once the eggs are cooked split them up and put on top of each rice cake might not sound good but trust me I love it and healthy.
  • goldengirl111
    goldengirl111 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Cucumber s sliced
    Baby carrots
    Popcorn
    Almonds
    Apples
  • VictoriaTuel
    VictoriaTuel Posts: 1,604 Member
    Options
    Julienned carrots! You can make them thicker if you want to, but I'll julienne a carrot (or multiple baby carrots) and then dip them in 1 tbsp of BBQ sauce mixed with 1 tbsp of plain Greek yogurt or another sauce.

You can also slice zucchini into thin, chip-like slices and dip them in sauces too, but that will be less crunchy. I've seen zucchini chips online where you bake them in the oven for a while,which would make them crunchier, but I'm never prepared enough to do that for just a snack.

Roasted edamame is good too!

For sweet and crunchy, I'll dice an apple into a small dice and mix it with 1-2 tablespoons of hoisin sauce (depending on the size of the apple) and a splash of toasted sesame oil!