Salads and dressings

Options
Hi all...I need to get more organised and vary what I eat ...looking for salad ideas.. .can anyone help ?

Replies

• becca214ny
    becca214ny Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I found this in Pinterest recently, hope it helps

http://grillingrecipesbess.blogspot.com/2017/02/blog-post.html?m=1
  • BrianAWeber
    BrianAWeber Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Balsamic Vinaigrette is delicious! Also, Bolthouse makes some delicious yogurt based dressings. My favorite is their Cilantro Avocado dressing. Bruschetta's and Caprese's make good appetizers and salads.
  • leadedlightsolutions
    Options
    Thanks for replying, I will check out the Pinterest too!
  • HeatherdeMontespan
    Options
    My favorite is Spinach, pear, walnuts, and gorgonzola crumbled cheese (you can add some chicken for a protein source, or sliced strawberries, even a bit of red onion). And my favorite dressing is juice of one lemon with two tablespoons of water. Put juice and water in mason jar, add olive oil to taste (start with maybe 4 tablespoons) and stir. When you like the taste and consistency, add a couple tablespoons of sweetener. Give it a stir. When you like the sweetness put a lid on the jar and shake vigorously. It's a thin dressing, so start with small amounts and toss the salad. I wait til it's on the plate to top with walnuts and cheese.

Another good one is tomatoes, cucumber and red onion. Cut those up and top with a drizzle of olive oil. Add a squeeze of lemon and a good tablespoon of oregano. Top with Feta cheese and have with hummus and Pita.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Southwest salad: Romaine, black beans, avocado, corn, chicken or tofu - cilantro/lime dressing
    Steak salad: Romaine, leftover sliced steak, blue cheese, tomatoes & balsamic dressing
    Apple/walnut: Romaine, chicken, sliced apples and walnut pieces
    Mediterranean: Greens, kalamata olives, feta, chicken or tofu,
    Sometimes I just put whatever is in the fridge over salad greens, hard boiled egg, pecans, blue cheese, beets

(homemade dressing is the easiest and best)