Nuclei overload training

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    edited September 2017
    heybales wrote: »
    I would be very curious though what happens to say the biceps after the 2nd month, where you just spent a month working on say triceps and the biceps got no workout or barely any for 30 days.
    Or in this case still doing other lifts - how many of them start sucking because the biceps were needed to work a bigger muscle, but they are too worn out to do so.

It would also be interesting to see how many days in your workouts start becoming medicore because of lack of recovery.

You do realize it's the recovery that actually makes the improvement from a good workout - not the workout.
    With adequate rest and food for recovery.

But since you seem pretty intent - keep reporting in with honest results.

I've yet to see a thread updated from some hair brained idea regarding weight loss - so either the person died or realized how foolish it ended up being.

So I'd be very curious here how it goes.

This is really the biggest issue... what happens post 1 month of training. I mean, let's face it, doing something for a month means nothing... its what you do for years.

This reminds me of the kids in my gym who want big arms and every day is an arm day, and then ask how i got mine.

Honestly, i cant phathom a reason to do this...
  • Smidge22
    Smidge22 Posts: 46 Member
    mmapags wrote: »
    Smidge22 wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    I still hit my other lifts during the month. I just hit arms everyday. I hit arms in the morning then let them rest til the next day but I don't let them completely get healed. Yes it is risky. Your muscle fibers get use to being worked every day that it keeps a pump.

Rest is when the muscles grow. It's stupid and you're likely to end up with tendonitis in your elbow and maybe even shoulder. Then you'll have to take it really easy for like 6 months until that heals otherwise you could end up with tendon cell death and eventually tendon rupture. Then they have to cut your leg open to harvest tendon tissue to reattach the muscle to the bone and now you're done with heavy lifting (upper and lower) as well as football forever and either you biceps or triceps on one arm (usually biceps) look all sorts of jacked up until you die.

But this is definitely a sexy look, you should go for it:
    A00376F03.jpg

That could happen if you do the training wrong. You have to do the lifts and be smart on the weight you use. I am going on 2 week of this training and all i am doing is working my biceps to failure then I let it rest until the next day. Plus the supplements that I am taking are mostly recovery shops. My arms are not even dead right now. You need to go look up CT Fletcher and read about his thoughts on overload training it has been around for years.

You seem to have your mind made up and didn't really come here looking for advice but for confirmation. You aren't going to get it. This training method is a just plain bad idea. I'm hoping you will reconsider.

Thank you guys. I am on week 2. I will give it another week or so. If I don't see any results then I not going to continue with this program.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    So I started this new training program that consist of working out the same body part for a month straight. Going to failure every day. I am going to do it on my biceps and then next month try it out on my triceps. What do you guys think about this kind of training.
    So everyday for a month straight and to failure? Just one set? Or several sets and exercises? If so, just know, muscle doesn't grow from working out........................it grows at rest. And if there's inadequate rest, you may build better muscle endurance, but building mass is approached much different.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• ninerbuff
    I still hit my other lifts during the month. I just hit arms everyday. I hit arms in the morning then let them rest til the next day but I don't let them completely get healed. Yes it is risky. Your muscle fibers get use to being worked every day that it keeps a pump.

Rest is when the muscles grow. It's stupid and you're likely to end up with tendonitis in your elbow and maybe even shoulder. Then you'll have to take it really easy for like 6 months until that heals otherwise you could end up with tendon cell death and eventually tendon rupture. Then they have to cut your leg open to harvest tendon tissue to reattach the muscle to the bone and now you're done with heavy lifting (upper and lower) as well as football forever and either you biceps or triceps on one arm (usually biceps) look all sorts of jacked up until you die.

A00376F03.jpg

That could happen if you do the training wrong. You have to do the lifts and be smart on the weight you use. I am going on 2 week of this training and all i am doing is working my biceps to failure then I let it rest until the next day. Plus the supplements that I am taking are mostly recovery shops. My arms are not even dead right now. You need to go look up CT Fletcher and read about his thoughts on overload training it has been around for years.
    Dude, overload training programs DON'T focus on the same body part everyday. It's easy to be naive when you're young and not very knowledgeable yet about how physiology works.
    And I like CT Fletcher, but he's not on "supplements". That dude takes some serious stacks and drugs do make a difference in recovery and growth. I don't endorse doing it though.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

• ninerbuff

A00376F03.jpg

You seem to have your mind made up and didn't really come here looking for advice but for confirmation. You aren't going to get it. This training method is a just plain bad idea. I'm hoping you will reconsider.

Thank you guys. I am on week 2. I will give it another week or so. If I don't see any results then I not going to continue with this program.
    You're NOT going to see much results at all in a few weeks. It can take a few MONTHS to even see significant change on just a balanced program alone.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png
  • Smidge22
    ninerbuff wrote: »

A00376F03.jpg

You're NOT going to see much results at all in a few weeks. It can take a few MONTHS to even see significant change on just a balanced program alone.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

In about a week if my body feels like it is not working and it is making me more tired. Then I will quit.
  • jlhflex
    jlhflex Posts: 107 Member
    edited September 2017
    I am not making fun, but I literally raised one eye brow at that. Ive never heard of anyone doing that. I mean I know people that train one or 2 body parts pretty much all the time and never train anything else.... Specially legs... They have huge arms but no legs to hold them up.... If it works, go for it but I scientifically, I don't see it working that great. Progress would take alot longer than someone who worked all body parts once a week.
  • Smidge22
    So update guys. I changed my workout. I will work my arms 3 times a week. I saw a little progress with my first plan but it got to were it effected my bench. So I decided to quit. My arms did get a little size though. I went from 16 inch arms to 16.5 inch arms
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    So update guys. I changed my workout. I will work my arms 3 times a week. I saw a little progress with my first plan but it got to were it effected my bench. So I decided to quit. My arms did get a little size though. I went from 16 inch arms to 16.5 inch arms

Measure again in a few weeks. Not to be a jerk, but it could still just be swelling from all the abuse you put them through.

Yep this. You did not gain 0.5" on your arms in a matter of weeks. That's a solid year of gains for most people
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member

Measure again in a few weeks. Not to be a jerk, but it could still just be swelling from all the abuse you put them through.

Yep this. You did not gain 0.5" on your arms in a matter of weeks. That's a solid year of gains for most people
    Ok. Don't want to be rude. But that's not true. Before I did this workout routine. I gained almost 2 inches on my arms in a span of 9 months.

How old are you?

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    edited September 2017

Ok. Don't want to be rude. But that's not true. Before I did this workout routine. I gained almost 2 inches on my arms in a span of 9 months.

How old are you?

Young enough to be frequently measuring his arms!

LOL. From his picture he could be 15 or 19. If he's 15, then obviously he's going to be growing much faster.

Also, he shouldn't be posting or reading MFP