cee134
cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
International Talk Like A Pirate Day
Sept. 19, every year since 2002
ved713fdslc2.png

How to Talk Like a Pirate
http://www.wikihow.com/Talk-Like-a-Pirate

l6kc7p0n7wch.png

Use "arr" as a multipurpose word. "Arr" can be used in a myriad of situations. You might shout "Arr!" to indicate agreement with a statement. Or you might yell "Arr!" if you stub your toe. "Arr" is a catch-all exclamation that you can use for most emotions, whether you feel joy, sorrow, anger, or fear.

Refer to yourself as "me," not "I." Pirates don't say "I." They always call themselves "me," even if this wouldn't be grammatically correct. Instead of saying, "I have a cold," for example, a pirate would say "Got me a case of the sniffles!"
Pirates also do not say "my." Don't say, "Look at my map." Instead, say, "Lookit me map." Swap "myself" for "meself."

Replies

• cee134
    Options
    Deals

Krispy Kreme Doughnuts across the country will once again offer a free doughnut to anyone who comes in on Sept. 19 talking like a pirate, and a free DOZEN doughnuts to those who dress like pirates. Details at http://www.krispykreme.com/Pirate

Participating Long John Silver’s restaurants offer a free piece of Alaskan whitefish to anyone who talks like a pirate when ordering, and a free 2-piece fish or chicken basket to those who dress and talk like pirates. Details at http://www.ljsilvers.com/tlap

All nine of Canada’s The Captain’s Boil Cajun Seafood Boil restaurant, is planning to host a ITLAPD Snapchat campaign over this weekend until Monday at all nine of its locations. 1. Talk like a pirate with their geofilters! 2. Screencap & post on Instagram with #CaptainsBoil 3. Get a chance to win a FREE pound of shrimp on your next visit!
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    4q6ghl47opkt.gif
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    International Talk Like A Pirate Day
    Sept. 19, every year since 2002
    ved713fdslc2.png

How to Talk Like a Pirate
    http://www.wikihow.com/Talk-Like-a-Pirate

l6kc7p0n7wch.png

Use "arr" as a multipurpose word. "Arr" can be used in a myriad of situations. You might shout "Arr!" to indicate agreement with a statement. Or you might yell "Arr!" if you stub your toe. "Arr" is a catch-all exclamation that you can use for most emotions, whether you feel joy, sorrow, anger, or fear.

Refer to yourself as "me," not "I." Pirates don't say "I." They always call themselves "me," even if this wouldn't be grammatically correct. Instead of saying, "I have a cold," for example, a pirate would say "Got me a case of the sniffles!"
    Pirates also do not say "my." Don't say, "Look at my map." Instead, say, "Lookit me map." Swap "myself" for "meself."

I like the pirate faire. Except the captain pirate made me look at his bird, then snuck and kissed me on the cheek. Last year when I took my mom to the Ren Faire, for the few minutes she lasted, I saw my friends in the encampment. And the same pirate captain was there, and he really made my moms day. And that made my day. Gotta love those pirates. <3
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Shiver me timbers.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Bookmarking thread. I have a really good hat to wear for this...

I have a hat, eye patch, + multiple swords & costumes. My husband has a hat & Ren costume, my dogs have hats & Bret Michaels pirate shirts. I will try to take and post a gif of my dog wearing her pirate hat. It has dreadlocks attached to it. It's soo cute! :laugh:
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    Hello sea dogs an' land lubbers!

I live near th' birthplace o' this holiday. Thank ye fer th' reminder!
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I'm going to let my beard grow for this occasion.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options

Which one?
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Avast, me pretty! Strike your panties and prepare to be boarded.

o95r6qzxzbpo.png

• cee134
    Options
    avezzanazg56.gif
  • kurenaikumo
    kurenaikumo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Ahoy! It's also me brother's birthday. That scurvy sea rat shall walk the plank and swim with the sharks, Mateys.
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options
    lpp76eox0ebl.jpg
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options
    ipsjfow7v11m.jpg
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    Options
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Which one?

Below deck.
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    'tis finally here hearties
  • cee134
    edited September 2017
    Options
    What? No free Krispy Kreme doughnuts on Talk Like a Pirate True? Shiver me timbers!

Krispy Kreme won't be participating in this year's Talk Like a Pirate Day, an annual event celebrated on Sept. 19.

*kitten* *kitten*! *kitten* you Krispy Kreme!

njdhlfgk86gv.jpg
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    wzdgyzu9k4ab.jpg
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    ukmil3sx5tmo.gif